Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Installing Windows Vista Premium

• 29-03-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

OK, I'm trying to perform a clean installation of Windows Vista Premium on my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile, previous operating system Ubuntu 8.10) and on the partitioning page I get two errors, one that the partition needs to be converted to NTFS format and another that says the partition needs to bigger size. I attempted to fix the latter problem by deleting one partition to free up some space for another but that didn't work and I ended up losing Ubuntu as well. If anyone could give me any ideas of what to do now I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

OK, I'm trying to perform a clean installation of Windows Vista Premium on my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile, previous operating system Ubuntu 8.10) and on the partitioning page I get two errors, one that the partition needs to be converted to NTFS format and another that says the partition needs to bigger size. I attempted to fix the latter problem by deleting one partition to free up some space for another but that didn't work and I ended up losing Ubuntu as well. If anyone could give me any ideas of what to do now I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

so what's your total partition size now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bookworm192398

I don't have the laptop with me at the moment but there's two, primary 3.2GB and logical 138/148GB, I can't remember specifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

I think I recall having a similar problem once, where the Windows XP installer wouldn't recognize my ext3 partitions and wouldn't let me reformat them.

To solve this, I used SysRescue, which is a Linux Live CD, and gParted to delete the partitions all together. I think I just left it as one unpartitioned block, but I might have also created a fat32 partition. Can't remeber which, but both are possible using gParted and I think this solved the problem.

This might be worth a try if you are planning on ONLY having Vista on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bookworm192398

OK, been really busy these past few weeks so I've only just got round to trying this and it worked, so thanks very much!:)

Advertisement