Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SACK THE LOUTH MANAGER

Options
  • 29-03-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Division 4 here we come. Time for EMcE to go. Shocking to be beaten by a county of hurlers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

?????....the Louth manager has done a good job since he took over and Tipp are at the top of the table in div 3...Were you calling him a bad manager when Louth nearly(and should have)beat Cork in the qualifers 2 years ago after winning there division in the league...they also won the o byrne cup this year but you will tell me its a mickey mouse comp..

Same stuff about Gilroy with dublin..he is having a look at lads for the league and fellas on here looking for his head...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

excuse me mister.....we may well be a county of hurlers but today ye got beat by the best team in the division so dont feel to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

excuse me mister.....we may well be a county of hurlers but today ye got beat by the best team in the division so dont feel to bad.

Ye fully deserved the victory and good luck to ye!

?????....the Louth manager has done a good job since he took over and Tipp are at the top of the table in div 3...Were you calling him a bad manager when Louth nearly(and should have)beat Cork in the qualifers 2 years ago after winning there division in the league...they also won the o byrne cup this year but you will tell me its a mickey mouse comp..

After a promising start, Louth just haven't progressed. Tipp are top of the table sure, but its a sad state of affairs in Louth football that we are struggling in Division 3.

I wasn't calling him a bad manager when we didn't beat Cork. He said he had a plan, a 5 year plan. Four years into it we are on the cusp of Div 4 and trips to play London. We've gone steadily backwards since then.

We won the O'Byrne Cup this year, I was at the game, some of the football was brutal. Nobody gives a rats arse about the competition. It's used as a run out for new players.

When the facts change I change my opinion, what do you do sir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

I am an outsider so maybe I can be a bit objective.
    Eamonn McEneaney has been living on the victory over Donegal in the Division 2 final for way too long. And lets be honest, there were two Division 1`s that year so Louth really won the third division in 2006. Louth have flattered to decieve ever since, with a half decent performance against Cork, though in truth Cork were much more comfortable winners than the scoreline suggests and a draw against a Tyrone side who were struggling badly at the time. Eamonn has a very limited track record as a manger before taking the Louth job, but if you were ever unlucky enough to meet him you would think he had managed the great Kerry team of the 70s and 80s, he is an arrogant pr*ck. Eamonn has one reason and one reason only for staying in the job, he is being handsomely rewarded for managing Louth, yet he was given a 5 year term without review. He will stay on as Louth manager until the 5 years is up and there is nothing your useless county board can do about it.
    In saying that, his record at senior level is brilliant compared to his record at U21 level. They havent won a competitive game since he took over.
    This current Louth side is never going to win an All Ireland, in fact there are only a handful of sides in the country capable of winning Sam, but Louth should be doing better than fighting off relegation from Division 3. Louth dont only need a new manager, they need to have a look at the county board and the under age structures within the county. The board is like an old boys club at the minute, with the same faces swapping posts once in a while.
    Enjoy your trip to Ruislip next year, at least the old boys club will get some free flights out of all this. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

TommyT wrote: »
    I am an outsider so maybe I can be a bit objective.
    Eamonn McEneaney has been living on the victory over Donegal in the Division 2 final for way too long. And lets be honest, there were two Division 1`s that year so Louth really won the third division in 2006. Louth have flattered to decieve ever since, with a half decent performance against Cork, though in truth Cork were much more comfortable winners than the scoreline suggests and a draw against a Tyrone side who were struggling badly at the time. Eamonn has a very limited track record as a manger before taking the Louth job, but if you were ever unlucky enough to meet him you would think he had managed the great Kerry team of the 70s and 80s, he is an arrogant pr*ck. Eamonn has one reason and one reason only for staying in the job, he is being handsomely rewarded for managing Louth, yet he was given a 5 year term without review. He will stay on as Louth manager until the 5 years is up and there is nothing your useless county board can do about it.
    In saying that, his record at senior level is brilliant compared to his record at U21 level. They havent won a competitive game since he took over.
    This current Louth side is never going to win an All Ireland, in fact there are only a handful of sides in the country capable of winning Sam, but Louth should be doing better than fighting off relegation from Division 3. Louth dont only need a new manager, they need to have a look at the county board and the under age structures within the county. The board is like an old boys club at the minute, with the same faces swapping posts once in a while.
    Enjoy your trip to Ruislip next year, at least the old boys club will get some free flights out of all this. ;)

couldnt agree more .What a poor posiotion we have ended up in .The whole thing needs to be changed from the inside .There are better players in the county currently than whats being used .

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

it will be tough against cavan on sunday but i think louth will just about
    do enough for the win:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

What can he do, there are very few quality players in the squad, he only gets expenses as salary so would cost sfa to sack him

So what do you all think of the manager now?
    He`ll come out with the usual nonsense about a great Louth fightback, but in truth Laois stopped playing after 50 minutes, they had the game won by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

For the past number of seasons in championship games, louth have conceded/given away silly goals.
    Each game it has happened, the blame lays firmly at the goalkeeper Stuart Reynolds door, i dont know what comes over him, but he cannot stay in his goals and leave the back line defending to his full backs most of the time.

Yesterday again, he had no business coming for a ball which his full back would have got no problem.

Thats my rant over, its just my observation from going to louth games for the past few seasons.

• Advertisement

Where is his 5 year plan now? We were better 5 years ago. Time to go.

same old strory .get batterd in the first half then claw there way back in the second .not good enough .What was snitchy thinking for that goal ffs :rolleyes:

Its very easy to blame the keeper and overlook the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Did not go to see them since the humiliating way they went down in the league against offaly, swore I would not go again so long as that thick c**t is still manager.
    This is the first year i never seen them play in the Leinster championship in over 30odd years, they are woeful and the management is the worst we ever had.

Sack him asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

andrew1977 wrote: »
    For the past number of seasons in championship games, louth have conceded/given away silly goals.
    Each game it has happened, the blame lays firmly at the goalkeeper Stuart Reynolds door, i dont know what comes over him, but he cannot stay in his goals and leave the back line defending to his full backs most of the time.

Yesterday again, he had no business coming for a ball which his full back would have got no problem.

Thats my rant over, its just my observation from going to louth games for the past few seasons.

Reynolds record in goal is incredible he didn't get voted player of the year for nothing and has conceded feck all in championship football the last few years . Nonsense saying he shouldn't have come for the ball of course he did. Every keeper should command his six yard area and normally it's a type of catch he makes easily. Check out Reynolds record in goal before you make an ilinformed post again.
    Time for the manager to go has faith in too many players that arnt up to it I know were not blessed with footballers but surely we have a better 15 in the county
    Please god the juniors to us proud Sunday week

6 yard area? Maybe you should be watching Dundalk v Drogheda.

A couple of years ago most of the Louth squad were laying bets on Snitchy to score a point from a free against Wicklow, they were that confident of beating them. You couldnt get a bookie in town to take the bet by the friday before the game. To cut a long story short Snitchy didnt get a chance to score from a free, Louth only just beat Wicklow after a second replay. Surely any manger worth his salt would not allow nonsense like this to happen, the entire squad were taking Wicklow so lightly that they were betting on the keeper to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Reynolds record in goal is incredible he didn't get voted player of the year for nothing and has conceded feck all in championship football the last few years . Nonsense saying he shouldn't have come for the ball of course he did. Every keeper should command his six yard area and normally it's a type of catch he makes easily. Check out Reynolds record in goal before you make an ilinformed post again.
    Time for the manager to go has faith in too many players that arnt up to it I know were not blessed with footballers but surely we have a better 15 in the county
    Please god the juniors to us proud Sunday week

I can think of 3 off hand in the past couple of seasons where he has made mistakes
    Dublin in the Leinster Championship last season
    Tyrone in the Gaelic grounds Drogheda
    Laois on Sunday.

The results might not have turned out in our favour but his mistakes were costly at a time when we were still in the match,.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I can think of 3 off hand in the past couple of seasons where he has made mistakes
    Dublin in the Leinster Championship last season
    Tyrone in the Gaelic grounds Drogheda
    Laois on Sunday.

The results might not have turned out in our favour but his mistakes were costly at a time when we were still in the match,.

in that tyrone match he got awarded save of the season.

It is just so horribly depressing that other small and weak counties have their day in the sun (like Sligo 2007 or even Antrim this year) and Louth just never, ever beat anyone decent. Ever. Okay, we were robbed in Navan against Meath a few years back and were unlucky not to beat a declining Tyrone at the same venue, but that is about it.

Roll on the qualifiers, hopefully we might get a run in those before a Westmeath or a Wexford hammer us. Oh the optimism!

You werent robbed in Navan against Meath. Louth had plenty of chances to kill the game, yet they allowed a man to go through the defence almost unchallenged and score a decisive goal. He should have ended up in the middle of the terrace behind the goal when he was near the endline. The Louth defence didnt make one telling challenge. You dont beat the likes of Meath by being nice.
    We wont mention the fact that Louth didnt score in the second half against Meath in Croke Park a couple of years ago. Hardly Snitchies fault?

• Advertisement

You werent robbed in Navan against Meath.
    We'll agree to differ on this one. The amount of injury time was criminal.

We wont mention the fact that Louth didnt score in the second half against meat in Croke Park a couple of years ago. Hardly Snitchies fault

No, this was indeed a particular lowpoint.

louth now face tipperary at home in qualifiers

Should be an easy win for Tipp. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

shut the door behind you

:D

The players deserve a bollocking for that display last night , the finishing was pathetic .As for jp and that penalty :mad: we would have won if that had of gone in . Didnt deserve it though , would only delay the agony .Crap , pathetic :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Darlie

For a man who didn't deserve to be appointed in the first place, the fact that he has a 5th season to look forward to is yet another indictment in the long list of county board disasters. I would write off the next ten years, (the next 50 if county board continue to be infested by the same self serving twats), get the club and underage structure sorted and to hell with the senior inter county team until that happens (which could be never as turkeys don't vote for christmas so none of the senior clubs will vote for the medium/long term good of the county if it means short term changes for their own club).
    But to get back to the point, absolutely no way EmcE should be retained.

The Louth manager will be staying on for his fifth and final year in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marko999

Its so sad to think that at 40 years of age, I have not even seen my county play in a Leinsetr final at Minor or Senior Level. Starting from the top at County Board level, we need a clear out. Not sure if we have a leading light who can lead this as I have lost all interest in the structures. Its a bit like watching FF run the country, they are there so long that they dont even realise that they are doing a bad job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

What a joke. Things obviously arnt being done right. Terrible runs in the Leinster championship and getting worse every year in the league. And it doesn't look like its gonna get much better after the Minor team getting absolutly hammered by Dublin and being knocked out after the first game of the qualifiers.

Advertisement