Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SACK THE LOUTH MANAGER

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 joehandyman

I am not from Louth so therefore my view is independent. EMcE is a good manager and has done a good job with the limited resources that are available to him.

Lets be honest, Louth club football is of a very poor standard and this is reflected through the county team. A lot of the players are extremely average (and some well below average) and may not even be on the panel let alone the team of the top ten county teams in Ireland.

Think he should stay and perhaps the county board could consider developing underage football in the county, which might one day produce some decent players for the county team.........Sorry to be so critical, but it's true in my view......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

At least he did the honourable thing, eventually. Cue the county board to go and hire an equally incompetent manager.

Are we in a better position now, in any way, to the day McEnaney took over? The answer has to be a quite categorical no effing way.

Of course the structures, ability level, underage set up, etc are equally as shambolic as the senior team, so regardless of who steps in, we won't see any imporvement while same suits are involved and same club voting patterns remain - the end product is stagnation at best, further deterioration at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

I agree. To even dream that a Joe Kernan would be interested in Lú would be far fetched.

Still, delighted the baseball wearing master tactician is gone, worse off then when he found us. Did I hear Colm Nally/Colin Kelly dream team being touted?

Bring back Declan Smyth, thats what I say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Declan Smyth would do a better job than McEnaney, wouldn't touch the job with a barge pole, however. Likewise I'd be surprised if Nally/Kelly took over. If they are such a dream team, and I remain to be convinced, then let them develop things at underage. Nothing can be done with the current crop of seniors, and thats just the truth of the matter. they could destroy any coaching future they have by taking the senior job now. What we need is a ten (yes 10) year development plan at the very least. What is needed to head up that development plan is someone who has been involved in that kind of operation before. Not many home growns jump out, but we don't need a big name, we only need someone who knows what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I heard Stefan White might be offered the job. Dunno if it's just rumour though.

His dad Stephen died on Sunday, arguably Louth's best ever player.. so RIP to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Well seems like Peter Fitzpatrick has taken the reins in Louth, any opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Fitzer's a good man he was with the o connells, the pats and a few teams in Monaghan, he wont lack motivation , and expect some new faces as selectors and players . Best of luck to him its one tough thankless job, especially after that other thick eejit left it in such a state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

fitzer wont come cheap that's for sure.a great motivator but tactically naive. think he will be only good for one season as there is only so far fffing and blinding will get you

Advertisement