Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you send quitters messages afterwards?

Options
  • 29-03-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do you lads send the quitters messages afterwards? Most likely they will probably bad rep you even though its them who are acting the clown. I usually get about 3/4 out of every 5 quitting on me(no messing) and I'm very good at not sending a message afterwards but recently I found the need to send the odd one, like "learn how to take a beating son", nothing serious. How about you all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

JokerD wrote: »
    Just wondering do you lads send the quitters messages afterwards? Most likely they will probably bad rep you even though its them who are acting the clown. I usually get about 3/4 out of every 5 quitting on me(no messing) and I'm very good at not sending a message afterwards but recently I found the need to send the odd one, like "learn how to take a beating son", nothing serious. How about you all?

Takes ages to type with the controller on xbox live so i usually dont bother. I send "why" now and again but thats about it.

Its the watching every replay and reeaaallly long celebrations that get me riled though. Drives me mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

joe123 wrote: »
    Takes ages to type with the controller on xbox live so i usually dont bother. I send "why" now and again but thats about it.

Its the watching every replay and reeaaallly long celebrations that get me riled though. Drives me mental.

Even more so when you don't do it, yet they insist on it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, normally send quitters a message, using just saying "FFS", and the bad rep them, never once got a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya, normally send quitters a message, using just saying "FFS", and the bad rep them, never once got a reply

I've found a reverse psychology method of messaging where a lot of the time I get an invite for a rematch. Then hopefully I can destroy them for the previous antics;)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Depends on how badly I am beating them at the time. If I am beating them well, I normally wouldn't message them but if I've just scored to make it 2 nil or something and they quit despite being in the first half, then I normally send "Loser" and submit a bad player review.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I always give bad rep. If the game is close, say 2-0 or so, I sometimes send "Why bother playing if your just going to quit". Varying degrees of viciousness depending on how many people have quit on me that day!

If its like 10-0, I wouldn't bother.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    If its like 10-0, I wouldn't bother.

Was that a dig at me??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Depends what kind of mood i'm in. I've given up on ranked games completely now, got so fed up with the quitters and the ranking system is rubbish anyway.

Reganovski wrote: »
    Was that a dig at me??? :D

LMAO:D:D:D:D I had actually forgotten about that because I've played you so many times since!

LMAO:D:D:D:D I had actually forgotten about that because I've played you so many times since!

I believe ya, thousands wouldn't!! :p

Should be on tonight if you're on. I still dont think I have beaten you! Gonna try and take advantage of your lack of match practice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Yes I say " u dirty little quitting ba*stard, how dare u, ur $hite anyway, u little b*llocks":D

Reganovski wrote: »
    Gonna try and take advantage of your lack of match practice :D

Thought I had you last night!! :mad::mad:
    Never shoulda scored that OG. Great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, they usually send me messages haha.

I'm guessing you fellas are on X-box who submit bad reviews and give bad rep?? Don't think there's an option for that on PS3?

Anywho, I used to message them asking what happened?
    Untill it happened so many times that I got pi$$ed off with them and sent messages saying 'don't play if you can't handle a loss' and stuff like that.. Then i realised i was wasting my time and now i don't bother with it

I sent one guy a message saying "Don't play or don't quit"

He sent back, "Dats dble negtive u idiot" (which I presume means, "Thats a double negative, you idiot"). I don't think I even replied to that. I mean, where do you start.

English spelling, English grammar, not his strongest points. I bet he is good at banging his head off the wall and saying "Duuuuuuuh, Duhhhhhhhhhhhh".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I just them bitches,cant take a beating. Then you the usual abuse back from the 9 year old on the other side. With "Init" thrown in here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

What I hate more than quitters is when you come up against these guys with like 500 wins that play as Man UTd, they score a cheap goal and then taunt you by like passing the ball around their defence, juggling the ball with the goalkeeper and watching EVERY replay that is theirs, for example, offsides and off target shots, and they skip your replays.

Another thing I hate is in team selection, where the opponent picks MAN UTD, knowing well theyre the best team, but you cant pick Barca or MAN UTD, they keep moving up to make you unready, get what I mean there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Also love when you have just entered team management and the other person is rapidly going from "Ready" to "Un Ready" to tell ya to hurry up. Its at that point you find out your playing a little kid and your gonna rape his team

Soby wrote: »
    With "Init" thrown in here and there

I ****ing hate that word.

If anyone sends me that, I send back "In what?"

Across many sites I've seen threads about FIFA quitters and how everyone hates them, the general consensus seems to be that nobody who's posting quits, well tbh that's not true from my online experiences.

I'm a fairly high rank(Level 23, just outside the top 1000, was in it since the start but all the account boosters have moved me out, look through the Top 10 in the world, Cobh Ramblers, UCD and Bray come up as the team they picked when they were cheating :rolleyes:) so i hand out my fair share of whippings online, i can say that of all the matches i've played where the opposing player had NO hope of winning, only a TINY minority played the game in full resulting in a 10 goal+ winning margin.

I LOVE to see these fellas quit, the last thing i want to do is play out the remainder of a game that i'm strolling through easily, i'd rather get the win and move on to the next opponent.

And i myself have quit my fair share of game, who hasn't?, nothing worse then getting your arse handed to ya, my opponent gets the win, so whats the problem?

...Well my problem with it is the fellas who can somehow weasle out of the loss, you know the fellas!.

Your winning and the connection goes, you return to your hub and the game never happened, that has cost me the guts of around 50 wins since October.

Or the fellas who quit after the game ends(when the highlights are on) instead of just pressing X twice to end it automatically they knock the computer off.

Or the fellas who quit when they go down by a goal with a few mins left, or quit when they go from 2-1 down to 3-1 down with little time remaining

Personally i only quit games i have no chance of winning and my opponent always gets the win so there should'nt be a problem, but EA really need to sort out how some fellas are getting around the loss when they disconnect, is it too hard to tell?

Maybe if they came up with the option to ''Offer'' the win to your opponent in a game where your say 4-5 down with 20mins remaining?.

• Advertisement

Would you quit when you were winning 4-0? No. Well, then you shouldn't quit if you are losing 4-0 either.

That's irrelevant, why would anyone quit when there winning?!

I didn't say i quit every game i'm losing, but i did say i have quit games before, everyone has, unless your attesting to been one of TINY minority who NEVER quit a game!. :rolleyes:

The problem isn't the quitting it's the quitting in a sneaky way that they avoid the loss!

That's irrelevant, why would anyone quit when there winning?!

If you want to quit when you are losing, play offline. The AI won't give a rats ass. If you want don't want to lose, or aren't prepared to lose a game every now and again, just set it to semi-pro rather than taking it online. Nobody likes to lose, everybody likes to win. So, lets all quit while we are losing. That'd be great fun for everyone.
    I didn't say i quit every game i'm losing, but i did say i have quit games before, everyone has, unless your attesting to been one of TINY minority who NEVER quit a game!. :rolleyes:

I have a 1% DNF. I lost connection three-four times in ranked matches. If I'm 5-0 down, I'll still keep playing. I'd rather come back and score 3, and for someone to think "Well, actually, he was pretty good" than "Ha, I'm too good for him, what a dickhead for quitting".

I'd rather look at what the guy is doing that is so difficult to stop so I can do it myself, than quit a game and go look for a guy I can beat 13-0.

Seeing as you are ranked reasonably highly, don't you think anybody that can beat you deserves you to see the game through rather than running away because you can't take a loss the right way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Across many sites I've seen threads about FIFA quitters and how everyone hates them, the general consensus seems to be that nobody who's posting quits, well tbh that's not true from my online experiences.

I'm a fairly high rank(Level 23, just outside the top 1000, was in it since the start but all the account boosters have moved me out, look through the Top 10 in the world, Cobh Ramblers, UCD and Bray come up as the team they picked when they were cheating :rolleyes:) so i hand out my fair share of whippings online, i can say that of all the matches i've played where the opposing player had NO hope of winning, only a TINY minority played the game in full resulting in a 10 goal+ winning margin.
    First of all, I NEVER quit, and ive played over 600 games, I have only like 2% DNF from losing my connection. I always finish the game.

And I have a fairly high rank rank also, 80% wins from 600 + games, and I rarely pick Man U, and I was once in the top 1000. And this happens. I was playing some guy who had a big rank, and surprise surprise, he was as MAN U. I was winning 2-0 with about 75 mins gone, then he gets offside against him, and then the connection circle thing comes up for about 30 seconds.

It says connection lost, I go back and check my Hub and HE gets the win, even though I didnt loose my connection as I could check my hub instantly and could load my FL while the connection circle was on.
    I looked at his previous games, and 8 out of his last 10 were 3-0 wins, ya know what that means.

Then the worst happened, from the server THINKING I quit, I went from being in the top 1000 to something like 5860 rank. No Lie.
    And I still haven't got back in the top 1000. :mad:

If you want to quit when you are losing, play offline. The AI won't give a rats ass. If you want don't want to lose, or aren't prepared to lose a game every now and again, just set it to semi-pro rather than taking it online. Nobody likes to lose, everybody likes to win. So, lets all quit while we are losing. That'd be great fun for everyone.

I have a 1% DNF. I lost connection three-four times in ranked matches. If I'm 5-0 down, I'll still keep playing. I'd rather come back and score 3, and for someone to think "Well, actually, he was pretty good" than "Ha, I'm too good for him, what a dickhead for quitting".

I'd rather look at what the guy is doing that is so difficult to stop so I can do it myself, than quit a game and go look for a guy I can beat 13-0.

Seeing as you are ranked reasonably highly, don't you think anybody that can beat you deserves you to see the game through rather than running away because you can't take a loss the right way?

I get your point and tbh i don't quit often, my point was just there's is frig all people who can pass judgement on it considering the massive majority have a quitting point(usually out of sight, so around 5-0+), so then at the very least you should get the win for your troubles, as long as that was sorted I'd be happy enough.

I personally prefer someone to quit if I'm hammering them so I can just move along to the next game, if you enjoy playing the game out then that's fine, each to their own.

I usually have no quarrels playing out a game either way as long as the opponent doesn't come across as a dickhead, what i mean by that is, after he gets past say, 2-0?, he should gracefully skip through the celebration screen and resume the game, and not make it go on as long as possible(watching a reply of a nice goal is grand, but not a tap in for the sake of it).

I understand that using your celebration can be a weapon to inflict psychological damage onto your opponent(i find if i go 1-0 behind and he restarts quickly i can put it behind me fairly quick, whereas if he does his celebration at the least it can start to annoy me and can affect my gameplay) but there comes a point where you should be gracious enough to skip it and resume play instead of doing the robot everytime and watching the replays for every goal, those players and fellas who just pass the ball around there back line and who play like un-sportingly when holding a significant lead account for most of my DNF's
    If a player seemed honest enough and not try to piss me off i'd play the game out

I personally prefer someone to quit if I'm hammering them so I can just move along to the next game, if you enjoy playing the game out then that's fine, each to their own.

I always skip the replays unless its a cracking goal, and usually do an end move celebration straight away. Its annoying when people run around for ages and then do the robot at the end. Although, if you skip a celebration completely and score 2 quick goals, the other lad just thinks you are trying to hammer him, and quits, rather than thinking, well he's sound for not watching replays.

It doesn't matter though, even without much celebrating and replays, most people quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I probably should quite more often but just dont see the point. In defeat you learn some stuff. There are some really good players out there and I've learned some tips along the way. I think I've only won 2 games this year and my last three games today I lost 4-0 5-0 and 11-0. I play full manual in offline mode but after the last 11-0 I went back to full auto as my passing % was in the 30% and shots on target was also there in the toilet. Playing my way back up in confidence but still wont quit. It's really annoying playing someonte and there winning 11-0 and they watch EVERY replay god the game took ages anyway if I ever get to the point that someone quits on me then I'd firstly be happy that I'm not the one being handed me a$$ and secondly I will most definately send a message. Anyway my 2c.

Edit : Queue the list of game invites based on above..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I never used to bother messaging quiters but I have got that sick of it now I usually send a message now something along the lines of F off if your not going to bother finishing a game dont bother playing. I have never quit even when I would be losing 7,8 9-0 whatever I will still play it through only have a couple of DNFs from connection problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Watching replays doing celebrations drive me insane. I hate them. I never quit but I admit a few times the lad I was playing watched EVERY replay, did long celebrations and it drove me insane. He sent me a message cant take a beating and all I sent back was I can but cant take your wasting time watching replays doing celebrations every minute. The match was about 7-4 to him btw.

Regards the bad grammer in messages Id say its just that it takes ages to type out replies with the 360 controller so you just shorten the words.I do it myself doesnt mean im a 8 year old saying innit.

But seriously quitters and celebration/replay watchers should be banned for life.

• Advertisement

Personally I don't mind the celebrating or watching good goals, but it is very annoying when they watch EVERY replay, offsides, free kicks, shots etc..

Advertisement