Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n00b getting mega-important tat

Options
  • 29-03-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm getting a tat done in honour of my boy, he's very young and I don't get to see him often but my love for him is huge, and I want to get a tattoo that represents the strength of love I feel for him.

Ignore my soppiness haha but I'm a mushy so and so.

Anyways I'd like any suggestions regarding design, where and whom to get it done, size of the actual tat. I'm considering my shoulder as my arms are skinny. Or my forearm. But I'm open to new ideas.

Also the design is similar in each but at the same time each means its own thing to me. All sprout from to Js for my first name and his.

Hope you can help. Cheers!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think the top right design in your second attachment is lovely, cos it looks like a parent reaching out to their child.

It'll be a fairly straightforward tattoo, so any of the good studios should be able to do it for you. If you're in Dublin, Colourworks, Wildcat, Snakebite and Zulu are all names of good studios. Your tattooist would be able to better recommend size and placement when they see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Toots85 wrote: »
    I think the top right design in your second attachment is lovely, cos it looks like a parent reaching out to their child.

That's what I was going for with alot of them actually. Not sure if it's obvious though!

Really want this to look good.

His name's Jake. Here's another one, it's supposed to be the 4 letters of JAKE made of coolish looking designs. Dunno if it looks right though.

Tough com9ing up with a satisfying design! Something that symbolises him and the connection between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I've looked at that from every angle possible and can't see JAKE in it or any other word really. Perhaps you should leave the drawing to the tattoo artist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I can make out the Jake, i think thats a great idea. Bring it into an accomplished tattoo artist and they'll make it even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

That's what I was going for with alot of them actually. Not sure if it's obvious though!

Really want this to look good.

they all look good BUT if u want it to be obvious then make it more simple, at the mo it looks like u are hiding his name in there, i'd sugest maybe a design and his name inter-twined.

I have a tattoo , quite a large one and the lower half is a cyrstal ball with my three kids names under it, its me looking out for their future.

My other half has celtic dragon with kids names.

best of luck and let us know how u get on

One other sugestion, not sure of Jake's age, but if old enough get him to write his name and u can have it in his hand writting, that will show him how much u luv him, doesn't have to be anywhere peeps will notice it too much but both of ye will know it exists!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I think you're on the right track regarding your new tattoo. You're taking advice and not rushing into things which is a good thing.
    Now your designs, my opinion would be that you've probably got the bones of a nice design there but all of them would look quite lonely as a stand alone tattoo. You need something else in there to flesh it out more.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I love the idea of your design. Perhaps bring it in to a few tattooists to see what they come up with? They could come up with a few ideas and twists of their own that you may or may not like :)

Advertisement