Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a angling job

Options
  • 29-03-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hi guys i have been searching for a job in angling for some time now and i find that it is next to impossible to find one . . . i am a degree qualified person and i am a highly skilled angler and flyfisherman . . i have been on to the cfb but they dont tend to reply for some reason . . . does anyone have any idea where i can start with this search. . any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Tbh, you need to get out there and market yourself - there are no regular full-time jobs in angling that will be advertised in the paper. Set yourself up as a guide, advertise your services, talk to private fisheries who may need guides/ghillies, ask put-and-take fisheries if they need anyone. The CFB can only help you if you're already set up and want to advertise, they can add you to their list of guides if you're qualified.
    In my experience jobs in angling are mostly seasonal part-time jobs and you need to put in a huge amount of time yourself over several seasons before you start making a living from it.

Advertisement