Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon.-- Crack The Skye

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I didn't think this album was anything special, i thought it was good on the first run but i got sick of alot of the songs after that.

I dont think its as good as Blood Mountain, the only songs which stand out to me are Oblivion, Divinations and Crack The Skye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

This is the first Mastadon album I've bought. Just not into the other stuff really. Not even a genre I've listened to much in recent years but I read reviews saying how good this album is so I decided to give it a go. It really is great. Progressive indeed. I think I'll get that Metallica ticket now:D
    Yep - that pretty sums it up for me too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

The album is class. I had the first one but could not get into it at all. Even this one it took me a few listens haha but now ive adjusted its a great album. Oblivion would probably be my favourite track off it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

dere all just so skillfull

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Depp wrote: »
    dere all just so skillfull

There drummer is insanely good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've tried a few times to get in to this album, and failed.

I like the single. It's good and catchy with solid riffs, but the rest misses the target for me. It's waaaaaaaaaaay too proggy.

Prefer their earlier stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

The is beyond anything I've heard from a metal band in a loooooong time.

Sorry for the bump but wanted to post this comic strip here,

1798.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

chin_grin wrote: »
    I've tried a few times to get in to this album, and failed.

I like the single. It's good and catchy with solid riffs, but the rest misses the target for me. It's waaaaaaaaaaay too proggy.

Prefer their earlier stuff.

Leviathan is my preferred Mastodon album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Sorry for the bump but wanted to post this comic strip here,

1798.jpg
    ****in-A Awesome. I'm gonna go listen to blood and thunder now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭eddie.fandango

http://wwhg.ytmnd.com/

Split your lungs!!!!

Advertisement