Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trans-Atlantic Flight For Less Than a Meteor Roaming Phone

Options
  • 29-03-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Was in Florida recently and didnt use my phone all that much yet my bill came to a staggering 410.68!!! bearing in mind that my return flight only cost me 325.00 and with that I got 2 full meals and unlimited snacks and drinks it seems a rip off! I am new to Meteor and was previously with Vodafone I checked my bill from the last time I was in the US with Vodafone and I had used it more yet it only came to 268.00. Anyone else had this expierience with Meteor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Its well documented that ALL roaming charges with the Irish operators are rip offs.Should of checked the charges before hand in fairness.

But christ thats some bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

I had checked the charges before Id left but I didnt expect them to stack up like they did most of the bill was from reci calls I made very little. Still regardless of wether I checked the charges or not its still an out and out disgrace that your phone bill costs you more than your flight lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive noticed that with Meteor when i go over to Liverpool. Can easily spend €60-€80 in a weekend.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I had checked the charges before Id left but I didnt expect them to stack up like they did most of the bill was from reci calls I made very little. Still regardless of wether I checked the charges or not its still an out in out disgrace that your phone bill costs you more than your
    flight lol

You dont have a 3g phone and had left some application on that used Network data.

might explain the high price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Jesus christ put down the phone! Wow that is a bill and a half.. How much where you charged a minute

• Advertisement
Advertisement