Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Acommodation April 3rd-5th

Options
  • 29-03-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

few freinds and i are going down to Galway for the weekend... Was gonna suggest a house but some of the group have already booked a hotel:(
    The thing is i am quite skint so cannot afford to pay much, would like something in the region on 40-80 per night(can't find any). The idea of staying in a hostel is a bit scary as i don't want to spend the night in a room with strangers...

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Hi Min
    how many in your group looking for accomodation? how close to city etc? might have some suitable suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

At this stage i think 3 but then again i should just look for a place for myself. As close to the CC as possible please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com has listings for B&Bs as well as hostels. The ones on College Rd are ten minutes walk to the CC (at the start of the night) or a cheap cab-ride (I'm guessing around E5) at the end.

Or you may be able to find a private room in a hostel. If there are no vacancies in any of the ones that sound good, trying ringing them and asking, often they have more vacancies than they release to the web.

You won't be able to get a single room, will have to pay for a double at least. But in a hostel this will be in your price range, and you have the option of talking someone else in your party to join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Thank you very much...

On hostelword, there doesn't seem to be any private room for both nights... Best is private room one night and twin shared the next night... Don't mean to sound silly but i am not so keen on sharing a room with people :(

Still on hostelworld, seem to be B&B's

quietobserver, i just got a reply and it seems to be 300 for 3 people for 2 nights. I forwarded the mail to the other guys, especially as it will be nice to have an apartment. I wonder how much the electricity will be etc...

Thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

im not sure Min, Only reason i know of it is that friends of mine stayed there last summer during the Galway races and said it was what they needed. I reckon elec wouldnt be that expensive prob no more than a 10 in all or so for two nights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement