Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brides of Franc - RTE

Options
  • 29-03-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else watching this?

These pair are something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I read somewhere during the week that Franc was delighted with this couple, they were one of his favourites, as they were willing to spend more money that he could have hoped for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

"The recession is not an issue for us" *grrrr*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Imo willing to spend a load of money on a load of tat! Tacky!!!!

:confused:

Nightwish wrote: »

Yeah when I heard that and she saying they made some sacrifices, I was like "oh well done girl" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I can just imagine her husband hacking her to bits in about 3 years. He seems so submissive.

Edit: The got the wedding bus :eek:

• Advertisement

How many more frickin' times will Franc use the word bling! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I refuse to watch stupid **** like this, but he looks absolutely ridiculous. RTE need a bit of cop on with this gimmicky shows. They're trying too hard to be Channel 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

He's one lucky ****. The state of him.

Ha ha. Imagine having a clothes designer/label flashed all over your wedding day.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

While I find Franc himself entertaining and professional I thought this wedding was one of the most vulgar ones I have ever seen.

The desire of the bride & gimp to spend the money was so offensive at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Any guessing on the budget they had?

I'd say €100,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i presume the G guy has a really good jobs and loads of money right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

weddings are a con.

Yeah about that I reckon.

I'm dubious about them saving for it.

But hey, I guess if you want to spend your money on an ice sculpture that's your choice.

i presume the G guy has a really good jobs and loads of money right?

Yes, a really good sales job selling advertising as far I could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I've rarely seen TV as obnoxious.

They'll be paying that off til their 80's. People with real money have no need to put on a "show" like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Kat Slater

I thought they came across as a bit full of themselves alright, twas all very "look at us".

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Kat Slater wrote: »
    I thought they came across as a bit full of themselves alright, twas all very "look at us".

poster children for the celtic tiger generation

RTE really caught the mood of the nation with this show. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I watched it with a look of disbelief and horror...yer wan or 'D' REALLY irritated me, with her puppet 'G' following her about the place. cant believe people would waste so much money showing off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Agree big show offs.
    I thought last weeks programme was much nicer,they dident want BLING!!! and they lived on an Island and had the community hall converted.There seemed to be a really loving couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

Nightwish wrote: »
    It will when hubby loses his job a few months down the line and she has to find another sugar daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

My OH quite likes this show, and as I had been away most of the weekend, I sat through this with her last night.

My thoughts right the way through was that if you had set out to make a mockumentary about celtic cubs, you could never have pulled it off as well as these two did in reality. From the ‘Powerpoint Presentation brief’ to the self-christened ‘D&G’ to the overindulgent quintupling of chandeliers, six layers of table candles, eight-layer cake and ice sculpture, everything was overdone.

Someone mentioned 100k – I would say minimum. You’d be talking €200 per head in the Westin, plus additional charges to book out all available spaces, and that’s just for the wedding day itself. Throw in the day before when the whole place was taken over in prep, throw in the crew of 30 who started working from 5am the day before to 2am the night after, the hire of chandeliers, purchase of 1,000 plus candles, the 3,000 roses (FFS) and I would say you don’t even come close to keeping within €100k.

Utter trot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

They had 3000 roses.....dear God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

stepbar wrote: »
    He's one lucky ****. The state of him.

I dunno, thought she looked well weird, like she was running out of skin and it had to be stretched tight to cover her.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

I watched this show last night - and I was shocked beyond belief... it was the ultimate in bad taste - they are not affected by the recession?? well i think they should have had some respect for the rest of the country. all they cared about was showing how much money they had and not a word about their family or friends :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭seangal

well i taught she was a lot older than him
    she was using botox
    the dress was falling off here
    and the groom was a complete fool and being walked over
    where were there family and why did she not leave from here home to go to the church??????????????
    complete "want to be" and will be divorced before the wedding is paid for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I'm laughing here! I heard 3000 roses as three dozen roses! How much would 3000 roses cost?
    And the Vera Wang dress? I thought about 5k but someone in work said 10k-eek! The dress did nothing for her either. She was too scrawny on top.
    It was so OTT and vulgar. I predict it'll be over in 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I noticed at the end of this last night that Peter Kelly ("Franc") is one of the producers, which leads me to think that we are all watching a one hour advertisement for Weddings By Franc the company more than an actual entertainment show.

In fairness, last weeks was a good show with an interesting angle and some down to earth people involved. This week, I was embarrassed watching it, Dolce and Gabbana logos sprayed all over a wedding is not classy to me and the whole event looked liked the tackiest Wedding ever, Jordan and Peter Andre stuff.

The scenes in Louis Copeland had me cringing, I just can't understand why people want this kind of thing to be broadcast to the masses. Does anyone know if RTE are contributing to the costs of these weddings? I know they have done so in the past when including weddings in TV shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Aw I meant to watch this. :( Anyone know if/ when it gets repeated?

Advertisement