Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox keeps freezing

• 29-03-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hey guys

my 360 keeps freezing on me,then it stops & i need to reset the console.
    i havent got any red rings, has any body got the same? is there anything i can do to stop it?

its freezing really bad on gta4 & screne it yet its ok with resi 4.
    (yes all games are new scratch free)

should i get in contact with microsoft?
    (does anyone have the number??)

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Microsoft's number is in the "3 Red Lights" sticky (first post).
    If you send Microsoft the Xbox before you get 3 red lights, they'll charge you for it.

Strange that its freezing in one game but not in the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

I had the same problem awhile back with GTA 4, Fallout 3 and Fable 2. I just installed all 3 games onto the hard drive and they are sound now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's frozen a couple of times for me playing Burnout Paradise (off the HDD). I hope it red rings, it could do with a 4th trip to Germany... :rolleyes: I'd actually prefer it to red ring than get the E74 or whatever it's called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes I also get the freezing problem with a few games. I installed them to the HD as I had a feeling it was the DVD drive hanging and it seems to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Yep GTA4 always freezes for me, especially annoying when you finish missions and your walking into safehouse to save and it freezes loading haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Smegball wrote: »
    Yep GTA4 always freezes for me, especially annoying when you finish missions and your walking into safehouse to save and it freezes loading haha
    I had a weird freezing thing too with The Lost and Damned. Any time I tried to head for the stairs in the safe house, it'd freeze. I did manage to go upstairs at the start of the game, and was able to glitch from the roof to watching TV, so that might have corrupted something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Resi 4?

Are you trying to play the Gamecube, PS2 or Wii version. Maybe that's why it won't work.

Sorry, couldn't resist....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Advertisement