Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for mountaineering club

Options
  • 29-03-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking for a club that is more geared towards people my age group (28). I managed to find a club on the MCI that fitted the bill, but they are full up for 2009.

I am based in Rathmines, any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Nice friendly Dublin hiking club called Challenge Hikers. Don't think you'll find them on the MCI's website. Here's their facebook group link, which you could use to get in touch with them - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6135063268.
    Most of the members are 20s to mid 30s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Is there any direct contact details for them? I don't do that Facebook stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What exactly are you looking to do Tells? Climbing, hill walking or both?

Hill Walking. I have never tried climbing before, I guess I would be open to it but for now I just would like to get walking. I recently moved up from Cork and I was part of a club there, so I would like to get going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

Evil Phil wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking to do Tells? Climbing, hill walking or both?

:confused: I'm ok ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

I'd like to jump on here and ask the same, except I'm based in North County Dublin and so was wondering are there any groups that regularly go up the Cooley or Mourne mountains as from where I am they are as close as the Wicklow mountains where most groups seem to go.
    Mainly interested in Hillwalking maybe a bit of climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Hi Flamed Diving,

Did you find a suitable club, I would be very interested myself if you find one as I have the exact same issue as yourself, Im just nearly 25 myself and find the exact same issue,

Let me know if you find a good hiking / mountaineering club??? :D

Stephen

No, nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I too have the same problem cause i;m still in schoiol and no clubs want me cause i'm not 18 and the youth clubs don't seem to do very challenging walks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement