Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 Results

Options
  • 29-03-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else see this?
    The K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Yokohama, Japan has ended, and we have the results below.

Heavyweight Tournament Semifinals:
    Keijiro Maeda beat Melvin Manhoef by first-round KO
    Gokhan Saki beat Tyrone Spong by fourth-round KO

Main Card:
    Semmy Schilt beat Hesdy Gerges by unanimous decision
    Ewerton Teixeira beat Jerome LeBanner by split decision
    Glaube Feitosa beat Junichi Sawayashiki by second-round TKO
    Peter Aerts beat Errol Zimmerman by unanimous decision

Heavyweight Tournament Final:
    Keijiro Maeda beat Gokhan Saki by majority decision

Main Event:
    Remy Bonjasky beat Alistair Overeem by unanimous decision

Undercard (dark matches):
    Mitsugu Noda beat Yang Rae Yoo by unanimous decision
    Yutaka Sakama beat Takashi Tachikawa by first-round KO
    Takumi Sato beat Hiraku Hori by third-round TKO.

I'm not a huge K1 expert but love it for a fix of pure standup fighting.

Main event wasnt particulary great, used to be a big Overeem fan both in K1 and MMA but lately i really have no time for the guy. He has seriously bulked up too, and the banter at the weigh in with Remy Bonjasky (a very interesting comeback ) was some of the best ive seen for entertainment value (cant find the link at the moment for the video).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched a bit of it, Maeda did very well. Manhoef seems to slip up when you least expect it. The final was a good fight

Overeem would have won without that knockdown I think. First two rounds were draws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

LeBanner looked seriously pissed at having to do the 2nd overtime round didnt he. End of the day though you dont want to do it put the other guy away in 3, he should have the experience to realise that of all people :D

The final was great indeed, Maeda fought for it, did the 4 rounds Saki fought earlier play a part ? they had to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Overeem was unlucky. he sckooled bonjankisky for the first 2 rounds. It should have really been scored a draw.

Advertisement