Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before labret piercing closes up?

Options
  • 29-03-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

This may or may not be a silly question...

I'm just wondering how quickly most labret piercings close up?
    I have mine pierced about 5 months now...and am due to go to the dentist this week.
    I'm just wondering will the piercing start to close up straight away i.e. 30 mins or so?
    Or am I okay to take my lip ring out for a couple of hours without it closing up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it'll close fairly quickly usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

it'll close fairly quickly usually

....as in 30 mins? 3 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

as in 30 mins or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Is it okay to leave it in while at the dentist so.....?

I really dont want it to close up.
    I'm not sure the dentist will be happy for me to leave it in during a check-up though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I had mine done for 2 years. Took it out before I went to bed and it was closed up by the morning.

I'd say you've got about an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

You should be ok to leave it in, unless you're going in for something major. I used to leave mine in when I had to go to the dentist and orthodontist.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

A lot of dentists don't bat an eyelid about oral piercings anymore - they've seen it all.

Most piercings close pretty quickly if they've had metal in them since they were done. How fast a healer you are will also come into play with it. They can be "trained" though. I can leave my labret out for a couple of weeks at this stage and it won't close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Had mine for 3 years and I can keep it out for a week or two without it closing up. It all depends on your own body.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i had mine in when i went to the dentist before, got the usual lecture to take it out, and was informed that my gums were receeding, so i took it out and am going to get it done in the summer again though just make sure it's higher this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

had mine out for weeks at a time. A month is probably the longest I had mine out and it was grand putting it back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Had mine for 3 years and I can keep it out for a week or two without it closing up. It all depends on your own body.

Yeah same,i've had mine for nearly 5 years now and i'd say i could leave it out for well over a week without any hassle.

Having said that, I remember a few months after i got it done i had to take it out for a few hours and it was nearly closed by the time i tried to put it back in. So... I really wouldn't think you'd get more then an hour/hour and a half out of it.

Advertisement