Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganley's clever ruse to fund Polish Libertas.

Options
  • 29-03-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Previous thread closed by suspected Limerick University/Declan Ganley conspirator! ;)

Following a clever loophole exploited by Ganley backed Polish Libertas, Polish government officials announce rapid changes in legislation to close this loop hole.
    " this is an example of his work around when the mechanism is permitted, in order to achieve the purpose prohibited by law"
    - Professor Marek Safjan, former President of the Constitutional Court.

Ganley goes as guarantor for loans to fund each national party. According to one report...
    Our electoral system, however, prohibits the financing of party committees and candidates from abroad. To circumvent this prohibition , Polish Libertas take out loans on which the security//property will be provided by an Irish multimillionaire. After the Polish campaign Libertas will not pay its debts, the guarantor will do so, that is, Ganley

Ganley denies spending own money on Libertas European parties
    it is reported that after the elections the national branches of Libertas will default on the loan allowing the banks to seek their repayment from the guarantor

http://www.dziennik.pl/polityka/article349959/Zobacz_jak_okpic_komisje_wyborcza.html

I wonder will any mention of similar appear in the submission to SIPO which has been waiting since June for an answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

studiorat wrote: »
    Previous thread closed by suspected Limerick University/Declan Ganley conspirator! ;)
    Indeed, Mr too-lazy-to-post-his-own-views-the-first-time:)

Or the second time, it seems.

Please do. The requirement to post your own views when throwing up an article is in the rules which we've cleverly hidden in plain view and stickied. I'd settle for "I think this is bad" or "I think this is good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

sceptre wrote: »
    Or the second time, it seems.

Untrue.

The final line is my take on it. I'm wondering can a person finance their own political party privately here. In Poland it seems they have an issue with foreign funding of political parties...

No-one reads forum charters btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ignorance of the rules is not excuse enough to break them. If you are not going to familiarise yourself with the charter then you shouldn't be posting here.
    I'm wondering can a person finance their own political party privately here. In Poland it seems they have an issue with foreign funding of political parties...

As far as I know there is nothing to stop someone funding their own party so long as they disclose the source of their funding. In doing so it would make it obvious they are pursuing their own agenda and therefore the party would have to be judged based solely on the merits of the founder, which I can't imagine would be something most, if any, parties would be comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Untrue.

The final line is my take on it. I'm wondering can a person finance their own political party privately here. In Poland it seems they have an issue with foreign funding of political parties...

Political parties are trickier than referendum campaigns, since they're assumed to be campaigning all the time, and any donation given to them is assumed to be for political purposes.

The moderators do...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Previous thread closed by suspected Limerick University/Declan Ganley conspirator!p

YES!

It was me! I reported your thread! I can now reveal myself as a long time undercover Libertas operator undermining the politics forum by,,,

Well undermining pretty much everything we stand for.

oops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    YES!

It was me! I reported your thread! I can now reveal myself as a long time undercover Libertas operator undermining the politics forum by,,,

Well undermining pretty much everything we stand for.

oops.

Well you just broke your http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2008/1216/1229035766354.htmlsecrecy clause.

It wasn't you who let the McDowell cat out of the bag was it?

*sigh* more politics.ie tactics.

Sorry for the backseat modding but,

Rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are

Guess what?

RULES!!!!!

Don't like 'em? go back to Politics.ie

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Excuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I think he said

Rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are rules are

Advertisement