Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first tattoo on foot... few questions

Options
  • 29-03-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I really want to get a tattoo of a lily on my foot. I'm just wondering how long it would take to heal, would i need to wear flip flops until it heals?
    Was thinking of getting it done next weekend as i'm a teacher and on easter holidays.... will give it 2 weeks to heal. I'm teaching infants and pretty much guaranteed one of them will stand on my foot at some stage when i get it done.

Which tattoo place would you recommend. If i come to them will they design my tattoo for me or should i bring in a picture for them.

Sorry about all the questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Depends where you are living, or how far you're willing to travel. There's several good places in Dublin; Snakebite, Celestial Ring/Wildcat, Zulu. check out some artist's portfolio's here. Thats the best way to pick where to go for it.
    When you go to them, you can look through their portfolio, and if you see something that you like get them to do it. If you want some extra bits added to it, tell them that and they should be able to work it in.
    Or you can go in with just an idea, and they'll draw up something for you. Same goes if you want little bits changed, just ask. Make sure you're completly happy with it.

I don't kno much about the healing times, but 2 weeks won't be enough time for it to completly heal. That said, 2 weeks is better than just going straight back to work.

Good luck, and don't forget to post a pic when you get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

i got it done today in impulse in maynooth. staff are lovely. reallly happy with it although it hurt like hell!!!
    n698975685_2194722_7606025.jpg

Advertisement