Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Round the World' Ticket-NZ via India

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, Can anyone advise me/give me more info/ideas on the whole concept of the round the world (RTW) ticket. Rang trailfinders and was not clear at the end of the conversation whether the route I was proposing to travel was possible on one of these tickets. Suppose communication breakdown can easily happen in phone conv. like that but also was afraid I was bein stupid! Basically, I would like to travel to NZ via India. She mentioned the RTW ticket then i thought she said it was not possible to take in India on the ticket.... Got a bit embarassing to ask for the third time to clarify it... If anyone has any ideas on the CHEAPEST (RTW working out no not not cheap- nearly 2000!) way of doing this would really appreciate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would imagine that if you only want to fly Dublin - India - NZ - Dublin then it would not be cheaper to get a RTW ticket. I'm not an expert though - we looked in to this route when flying to NZ but opted to travel around malaysia and singapore instead.

If you go on to the qantas website and click mulit-city tickets it offers mumbai as a stopover. That means you can fly in to mumbai and travel around Inida and go back to mumbai to fly on to NZ. That's worth looking in to. I would imagine that would be much cheaper. Don't you get a certain number of stops per RTW ticket? i wouldn't imagine it would make sense to get a RTW ticket for two stops.

When we booked we went with Austravel and they were very good and looked up tons of options for us. It might be worth calling in to them in person and looking at the qantas option.

We flew here with Qantas last April. Our flights were dublin - frankfurt - singapore - sydney - wellington and were €800 one way.

Advertisement