Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand theft slow years??

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I have only really started playing a lot of games in last couple months(the joys of being unemployed) The forst one I got big into was GTA 3, I loved it and it was the forst game i ever stuck with untill the end, I completed assassins creed the other day too, great game but dissapointing ending.
    Anyway, my point is, GTA 3 was released in Oct' 2001, and GTA san Andreas, which I am playing now was released in Oct 2004, thats 3 years by my calculations:) But the graphics are like backwards, gta 3 was so much smoother and better detailed than san andreas, and i hae to say I prefer san andreas, just wondering would anybody know why there was no improvement in 3 years(that i can see anyway)
    CHeers,
    P.S I tried out gta 4, don;t go near it on the p.c, will drive you nuts.,
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It may not looks as nice in your opinion but I think it looked a lot better. You have to remember that they removed the ceiling making it possible to fly higher and the area in san andreas is about 10 times bigger with no loading times unlike GTA3, it really is a technical marvel for a PS2 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You forgot bout the one inbetween. GTA 3 was a great game, groundbreaking, but Vice city is better than both games IMO. Graphics wise it was a big step up from GTA 3, San Andreas was more of the same but bigger, massive actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

try oblivion, u will like it if u have some free time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

San Andreas was technically better graphically, but I agree that GTA3 was cleaner and sharper looking. If you're playing SA on the PC, there are tweaks to increase the view distance which make it much better IMO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also think that Vice City was the high point of the latest batch of GTA games. It was just so much more stylish and fun (imo) then the others. GTA3 was brilliant, and an absolute revolution for the series, and San Andreas was technically brilliant (even if i didnt like it too much), but Vice City had it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

magick wrote: »
    try oblivion, u will like it if u have some free time

now THAT's a game for unemployment.

Advertisement