Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:09pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody verify the following directions for me (coastal route, not main):-

Dunmore East to Passage East

From Dock Road travel Northwards on R684 and continue on this road.
    Turn right at Inisfallen, continue on Marian Terrace.
    Continue on Dunmore Holiday Villas, continue on to Bayview.
    Turn right toward Creadan View, continue straight onto Creadan View.
    Continue on Chapel Street, turn left at Dobbyns Street.
    Slight right at Barrack Street (R683), continue on to the Quay.
    Arrive at Passage East.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Could ya not just check your SatNav or Google Maps!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'd have to drive it for sat nav and google got other directions incredibly wrong. Other maps only do main roads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

This doesn't sound right at all, it only giving directions out of dumore east, then you are supposed to arrive in passage all of a sudden. What about the bit in the middle???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sully wrote: »
    I'd have to drive it for sat nav

Not necessarily, most sat navs can be used on foot or if you have a Nokia phone, it might have nokia maps which I hear is fairly accurate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Perhaps.. ill check but I thought you had to be in the location to get directions from it.

Not sure who provides Nokia tha maps but a lot of GPS providers get the data from the same group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

depaor wrote: »

Thanks, but I dont think the directions on the site are whats needed. Ill double check, but I believe the AA covers main roads and not coastal which is what we are looking for.

Advertisement