Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA tickets in USA

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. Myself and a few friends are planning a trip to the states for the end of the year probably from 14 Oct - 16Dec.

We will probably be visiting (among other places) Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Oklahoma, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Oakland New York.

How easy is it to get tickets for games through ticketmaster or on matchday for games. I'm presuming it's harder to get tickets for Lakers, Knicks, etc but could we turn up in Oklahoma or Oakland and expect to be able to get a Suns or Warriors ticket?

Thanks
    P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

you wouldn't get many Suns tickets in Oklahoma methinks ;) don't know though I assume it would be quite easy seeing as how they play every couple of days and it's rarely a full house unless the big boys are in town

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

Liam O wrote: »
    you wouldn't get many Suns tickets in Oklahoma methinks ;) don't know though I assume it would be quite easy seeing as how they play every couple of days and it's rarely a full house unless the big boys are in town

Sorry meant to put in Phoenix. I guess I'll check when next season schedule is announced and tickets become available. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

It all depends on whom they are playing but you will always be able to scalp a ticket outside the venue, the price will depend on the team they are playing.
    Warriors are always "officially" sold out but there are always tickets around, you can get tickets through ticketmaster etc but seats are usually in the rafters.
    Be careful if you scalp them outside that they give you the right ticket, they will always nearly try and pull a fast one.
    You should hit craigslist before the games, you always get good value tickets on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mad-dog21

Yeah go to craigslist lived in new york used to get my tickets on there night before the game often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. Myself and a few friends are planning a trip to the states for the end of the year probably from 14 Oct - 16Dec.

We will probably be visiting (among other places) Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Oklahoma, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Oakland New York.

How easy is it to get tickets for games through ticketmaster or on matchday for games. I'm presuming it's harder to get tickets for Lakers, Knicks, etc but could we turn up in Oklahoma or Oakland and expect to be able to get a Suns or Warriors ticket?

Thanks
    P.

Think Warriors tickets are hard to get even with the record they have they are still in the top 10 in NBA attendence. Kings tickets would be a lot easier to get since the Cowbell bandwagon has dissapearred. It really depends on who they're playing though if Le bron is coming to town it would be a sellout so check in advance.

Lakers and Knicks tickets would be costly so if you're on a budget don't think thats really an option.

I'll third the suggestion of Craiglist. Even though I've never used them it's suppossed to be very reliable .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i was in new york 2 weeks ago and saw the knicks ,its easy to get tickets on the day they are playing call down to madison square garden early(i went at 12 ,there was no hassle getting tickets and no queue) if they aint playing one of the big teams it wont sell out and the knicks r doing poorly this year so you should pick up decent tickets.btw i dont think there is any really poor seat in the garden .tickets costing around $80 will get you good seats even the real cheap ones will be ok if your on a budjet ($10).no need to go to the scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

At that time of year, in this climate, you're probably not gonna have a problem getting tickets anywhere. LA is probably one of the most difficult from what I've read, but even then, you'll still get tickets. You just might pay a bit more than you would in say, I dunno, Charlotte :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shifon9

Went to Knicks v Bulls awhile back. no prob getting tickets. got good seat for $60. just be there when the box office opens. or i heard off some the locals if ur prepared to risk it if u wait til the last min before the match starts they some times sell off even the really good seats at discount prices just to try and fill the seats. but it all depends who they are playing and if u wana take the risk. Can really recommend taking the tour of madison sq garden tho:)!

Advertisement