Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek New Frontier

Options
  • 29-03-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Loved the first few books. Peter David really is a great writer (although he strangely plagiarises himself in some books). Often wondered who would make a good cast if they made a showminiseries/dare I say it, movie, based on the eclectic group of characters.

Here's my ideas:

Captain Calhoun: Gerard Butler: has the charm, wit, brutality and simmering anger required to pull of Captain M'k'n'zy Calhoun to a T. Scottish accent a problem: character already an homage to Braveheart. Still, great actor.

Edward Norton as his older brother, D'ndai: Sly, cunning, intelligent and callous, traits that Norton can pull off in his sleep.

Dwayne The Rock Johnson: Si Cwan: Has the build, height, and general look. Imposing yet gentlemanly, fierce yet courteous, I think the Rock would fit the bill.

Kalinda: Megan Fox: Cos I'd watch her in anything. Plus she steals the screen as much as her film-brother, Cwan. Can't recall her age in the books though.

Burgoyne 172 would need to be played by either an effeminate guy or a butch lady. Effeminate guy, in my head. Can' think who. Ideas?

Mark McHenry could be played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Young, cocky for good reason, yup.

Zak Kebron...hmm that's be a CG job but I reckonVin Diesel or The Rock could double-duty, and do the human mapping.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Burgoyne 172 would need to be played by either an effeminate guy or a butch lady. Effeminate guy, in my head. Can' think who. Ideas?

Orlando Bloom.

Legolas was pretty much how I pictured Burgoyne 172.

Thought Mark McHenry was a ginger?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

i suck at this , so i just raided actors from other sci-fi type show.

Captain Calhoun: Matthew Fox or Dylan McDermott , even Joe Flanigan ?

Soleta: Lexa Doig

Kalinda: Tricia Helfer

Si Cwan: Christopher Judge

Mark McHenry: Morgan Weisser ( lol yea a weird one , he would have been perfect for the role back in his space a&b days whatever happened to him).

Burgoyne 172 : ....? James Marsters...........no that would suck, no idea really.

Zak Kebron: Paul Randall Wight, Jr. ''The Big Show'' professional wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Svalbard wrote: »

Thought Mark McHenry was a ginger?

Scotty had black hair but ginger god Simon Pegg is playing him.

The Redeemers would be interesting. Skin-crawlingly terrifying with their genocidal weaponry until one of the books revealed...

They're midgets.

Advertisement