Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round the World Ticket-NZ via India

• 29-03-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

Hi, Can anyone advise me/give me more info/ideas on the whole concept of the round the world (RTW) ticket. Rang trailfinders and was not clear at the end of the conversation whether the route I was proposing to travel was possible on one of these tickets. Suppose communication breakdown can easily happen in phone conv. like that but also was afraid I was bein stupid! Basically, I would like to travel to NZ via India. She mentioned the RTW ticket then i thought she said it was not possible to take in India on the ticket.... Got a bit embarassing to ask for the third time to clarify it... If anyone has any ideas on the CHEAPEST (RTW working out no not not cheap- nearly 2000!) way of doing this would really appreciate.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I would say ring Trailfinders again and hope you get to speak to someone else.
    I know with USIT Mumbai is on the RTW package (when I looked into it in 2007 anyway).

It should be a pretty straight forward thing to book; a return ticket to NZ, with a stop over in India. You'll probably have to stop over in Singapore as I don't know of any direct flight from India so you'll have to tell the person on the phone if that's ok with you.
    If you can't get a straight answer out of someone on the phone then why don't you call into a Trailfinder office or USIT? My guess is you got a new person.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Delhi is on the around the world ticket, as I've just done it. But if you're just going to NZ, and not anywhere in America, just book the flights seperately. Take a look at AirAsia, Tiger, Jetstar, Virgin Blue etc. for gettng from India to NZ, may take a few flights, but I reckon you could get to NZ for a lot less than 2k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Agree with above. OP if India is the only stop you are taking on the way to NZ ( and not stopping on the way home ) then the best thing to do is buy a return ticket Dublin-NZ which allows you to stopover in Asia somewhere. Then if you find yourself in somewhere like Bangkok, Singapore or Kuala Lumper you can simply take a couple of days in the city you are in, go to a local travel agent and buy a return ticket to India to coincide with your onward flight to NZ. Im not sure about KL or Singapore but I know you'd usually get a return from BKK to Delhi for around $250 or so.
    www.attitudetravel.com is a good place to look for airlines that do it.

I'd guarantee that doing it that way will cost less than the 2k you're being asked for a RTW ticket.

I'd also add that if Trailfinders can't sort you out with what you want then give www.statravel.co.uk a ring. They have loads of RTW possibilities that go through India and paying in £STG has some good potential savings. The only thing you'd need to do then is get a Ryanair cheapie to London.

Advertisement