Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA FIGHTERS WANTED for SHOWDOWN 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Judges and Officials will and confirmed at a meeting on April 7th so will put it up on the Thread.

Who is invited to the meeting that knows anything about MMA?
    Showdown wrote:
    Also, we are hosting Francie Barrett's NO MERCY in Galway on April 18th.

Professional boxing with Coley Barrett as the main bill.

Danny Reynolds (English Champ) also on the card.

Doors open 6:30pm.

In association with myself, Francie and well known English boxing promoter Keith Walker. Tickets in Zhivago, Shop Street, Galway.

Be one hell of a night. Keep an eye out on Francie's interview with Tom Humphries on the Irish times about it.
    Is that the same night as Ken Horan's "Revenge" show? On in the Kingfisher Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

5. Scoring
    The ten-point must system is in effect for all Tribal Warfare fights; three judges score each round and the winner of each receives ten points, the loser nine points or fewer. If the round is even, both fighters receive ten points.

Quality, even after attention was drawn to the blatant plagiarism there was no attempt to ammend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Showdown 2009

Yeah, same nite as Ken's show -

4 lads from MMA will be there as will three professionals from the UK who are stars in BSW film - one is in the up and coming movie Sherlock Holmes fighting Robert Downey Junior. I will put up there names once they give the okay but if you wish to ring alan he can tell you but we are not putting names up on a bulletin board till they gives us the okay - ASLO lads we are putting on a show okay and seems few bitter / envy lads out there already slatting it please get over it and keep your narrow minded opinions to yourself cause it is just laughable - to those who got the info pack we did say it was PROVISIONAL and changes would be made - this is only the start and over the next week or two so if you are not interested that IS FINE but do not start to slat something you have no clue about!!!!! Some of ye are on this 24 / 7 and when show like this comes up ye go to hell on it!! :(

YES we will be putting on a MMA tournament and some are wondering about the entertainment at it WELL as a professional film producer / director /. agent and promoter I will be putting on a VERY GOOD entertainment show for those who come to the event which I would want to see if I paid for anything over 25E to see.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

The guys asking the questions here have many years experience in MMA, both coaching and competing themselves. The questions are being asked because of their concern for their fighters' safety not out of jealousy or envy:rolleyes: as you suggest.

It appears that you may be the one who hasn't a clue about the safety and risks involved in MMA fighting.

No one is questioning your ability to promote an entertainment show with Music/dancing/ jugglers and celebrity royal rumbles-- but it is highly unlikely that anyone will get hurt doing the above.

As far as I can see you might as well have a 'Strong-Man' in a boxing ring taking on all comers for a grand prize!

You certainly wouldn't confuse concern for jealousy if you knew the people asking the questions and if any of your team fully understood what is involved in an MMA tournament.

Personally I think MMA events should be exclusive to MMA, run by MMA people and attended by MMA fans(and call me a fuddy-duddy but are not really a 'family-day-out' due to violence and the odd bit of blood and are not everyones cup of tea).

Just my two cents. Best of luck either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yeah, same nite as Ken's show -

4 lads from MMA will be there as will three professionals from the UK who are stars in BSW film - one is in the up and coming movie Sherlock Holmes fighting Robert Downey Junior. I will put up there names once they give the okay but if you wish to ring alan he can tell you but we are not putting names up on a bulletin board till they gives us the okay - ASLO lads we are putting on a show okay and seems few bitter / envy lads out there already slatting it please get over it and keep your narrow minded opinions to yourself cause it is just laughable - to those who got the info pack we did say it was PROVISIONAL and changes would be made - this is only the start and over the next week or two so if you are not interested that IS FINE but do not start to slat something you have no clue about!!!!! Some of ye are on this 24 / 7 and when show like this comes up ye go to hell on it!! :(

YES we will be putting on a MMA tournament and some are wondering about the entertainment at it WELL as a professional film producer / director /. agent and promoter I will be putting on a VERY GOOD entertainment show for those who come to the event which I would want to see if I paid for anything over 25E to see.

Thanks.
    I don't think any of the promoters are envious bitter, I would say they are worried about fighter safety and how mma will be percieved by the public, Alot of the posters on here are the people leading the way in getting mma out there, John Kavangh, Mark Leonard, Marty Walker etc all have gyms, have thrown shows and have probably have gone through alot of crap to throw there very first show and are quite rightly worried that if something goes wrong with yours they will all be tarred with the same brush.

You say your letting people without clubs participate AFAIK if your not in a club your either not insured or in no condition to fight. What if someone gets injured? It will do mma in Ireland no good,which will give the Joe Duffy brigade cause to bang on again. at least with the other shows that I've been to all fighters were from clubs and therefore insured and in fighting shape so any risks were minimal.

Also saying that posters here have no clue what there on about will do you no favours as I'm pretty sure almost all the mma clubs who are competing in Ireland have a member who post/check out this forum, saying that they have no clue and insulting them will hardly get the fighters that you need for your show.

just because you have experience doing other things does not mean your automatically the perfect choice to run an mma event, Just like I'm sure the mma promoters wouldn try to direct a film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

well said lads, saved me writing an essay on this..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

And you guys were giving out about the guy who wanted to host a show in Cairo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

It seems to me that alot of people on this board feel that to run an event you need to be part of an elite exclusive MMA family of some sort. Fair enough this showdown thing in Galway seems like a circus that I wont attend, But instead of helping people out in promoting MMA everyone goes on about who is the ref? who is the judge? who is your father? what did he have for breakfast? where is your club? who have you rolled with? tea or coffee? etc etc. It comes across like they dont like other people coming on the ''scene'' without answering all the above questions to their liking.
    Regardless of who is officiating anyone that steps into a ring or cage should know how dangerous it is, As should any promoter. A ref is not going to prefent every thing that can go wrong, no matter who he is. Thats what insurance and doctors are for, Although I hope to Batman that neither is needed after any event on a local scene.
    Roper: Nope it seems to suggest a €20 entrance fee for everyone. I wouldn't let my amateur fighters pay to fight if tickets were being sold. Amateurs should be fighting for free, but not paying.

Does the MMA leauge not cost €20 to enter? An amateur event that also has an admission fee. Is it because its Mark Leonard's event, a respected man in Irish MMA, that nobody has a problem paying this.
    Its all about promotion. A promoter wants to make money. In music for instance alot of local bands pay to play even when tickets are being sold for the event. I dont agree witht his, but bands want to play, fighters want to fight. A promoter is there to accomedate this by charging them to get on his card, Although in this case its an MMA bandwagon that has been jumped on. Its been happening years and if something is going to be done about it, how about all the MMA clubs of Ireland do something about it or else its just going to keep on happening as MMA gets bigger.
    If you like to work your ass off for months to put on a show to break even at the end of it then power to you, But a promoter wants to make money, hopefully with nobody getting hurt.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055507965
    Above is a perfect example of what im talking about. Its happening in Egypt, Its not going to effect or conflict with anybodys card in Ireland, yet people still seem to have a problem, anyone that can agree to a fight is a big boy and should know to accept it only when they are happy with all the arrangments.
    To me it looks like people already have their mind made up before the questions are being answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

dancor wrote: »
    It seems to me that alot of people on this board feel that to run an event you need to be part of an elite exclusive MMA family of some sort.
    anyone that can agree to a fight is a big boy and should know to accept it only when they are happy with all the arrangments.
    To me it looks like people already have their mind made up before the questions are being answered.

I understand where you are coming from Dancor, and I agree with parts of it but overall its a bit harsh.
    It would be irresponsible of coaches to commit their fighters to a bout without making sure of the safety arrangements. As for putting fighters on shows, that dont belong to MMA gyms (i.e. untrained hardman), thats just
    stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

It seems to me that alot of people on this board feel that to run an event you need to be part of an elite exclusive MMA family of some sort. Fair enough this showdown thing in Galway seems like a circus that I wont attend, But instead of helping people out in promoting MMA everyone goes on about who is the ref? who is the judge? who is your father? what did he have for breakfast? where is your club? who have you rolled with? tea or coffee? etc etc. It comes across like they dont like other people coming on the ''scene'' without answering all the above questions to their liking.
    Regardless of who is officiating anyone that steps into a ring or cage should know how dangerous it is, As should any promoter. A ref is not going to prefent every thing that can go wrong, no matter who he is. Thats what insurance and doctors are for, Although I hope to Batman that neither is needed after any event on a local scene.

Does the MMA leauge not cost €20 to enter? An amateur event that also has an admission fee. Is it because its Mark Leonard's event, a respected man in Irish MMA, that nobody has a problem paying this.
    Its all about promotion. A promoter wants to make money. In music for instance alot of local bands pay to play even when tickets are being sold for the event. I dont agree witht his, but bands want to play, fighters want to fight. A promoter is there to accomedate this by charging them to get on his card, Although in this case its an MMA bandwagon that has been jumped on. Its been happening years and if something is going to be done about it, how about all the MMA clubs of Ireland do something about it or else its just going to keep on happening as MMA gets bigger.
    If you like to work your ass off for months to put on a show to break even at the end of it then power to you, But a promoter wants to make money, hopefully with nobody getting hurt.

Above is a perfect example of what im talking about. Its happening in Egypt, Its not going to effect or conflict with anybodys card in Ireland, yet people still seem to have a problem, anyone that can agree to a fight is a big boy and should know to accept it only when they are happy with all the arrangments.

This is all bull ****. This isn't a case of me begrudging someone I don't know making money off MMA, it's a case of someone who has zero experience in MMA or anything similar trying to make a quick buck at the expense of the sports reputation and MUCH MORE importantly some kids face.

i wouldn't support a pro-wrestling event organised by a group of small time boxing promoters and a DJ because it promised girls in bikinis walking around. I wouldn't support a pro-boxing event event organised by a night club owner and a part-time postman because they promise Ricky and Bianca from Corrination street would be there. I wouldn't go to a gig in town that promised "the newest and best rock music acts" when the promoter is just getting a load of teenagers to pay him 50 euro to put their band on for 15 minutes.

MMA is about punching people in the face and kicking people in the head,it's not to be taken willy-nilly. Jugglers, fire breathing dragons, E class celebrities aside, this has the potential to be dangerous at worse, and disastrous at best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SeeNoEvilagain

Well I taught muppets were just on Bebo but NO this place seems to be full of them.

WELL DONE LADS and ye go do the show which sounds like one I attended in America two years and they had dancers etc at it but US IRISH are not use to proper entertainment off course! I heard it being mentioned on the Ray Darcy show and said he would attend so already you are making names. Yes am sure trainers are concerned over safety so as long as that the show is insured etc. I see someone saying trying to make a quick buck? ha! What does he work at and am sure he'd love to be in your boots. I have been a boxer for many years (PRO) ands I was not into the MMA or UFC but recently I really have got into it but listening to some of these posts from MMA trainers and want to be fighters would turn me back off. My cousin has a Gym in New York where real UFC guys train. Keep up the good work guys and don't mind the negative ****e that us Irish throw out when we feel a bit envious. Well done and you can be guaranteed that the whole lot of my gang (40+) will be buying tickets!! Rock on ye guys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SeeNoEvilagain

Oh my god boys!

Who is at the meeting? Who is the ref? Who THE **** ARE YE TO BE ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS? Who in god names are ye? How dare anyone ask questions like that unless the are in the fight / tournament? And what us Irish call RESPECTED in the business / hobbie for most would be laughed at in United States or England. Oh yes trust me!!! I am really happy I signed up for this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

But instead of helping people out in promoting MMA everyone goes on about who is the ref? who is the judge? who is your father? what did he have for breakfast? where is your club? who have you rolled with? tea or coffee? etc etc. Thats what insurance and doctors are for, Although I hope to Batman that neither is needed after any event on a local scene..

I've been training for a few years now and I'd hope my coach would ask those questions if I were going to fight on a card...if you dont ask you could end up with-

Dodgy ref? After watching Josie's circus in Donegal, its clear having a sh*te incompetent ref not only makes the show itself look like crap, it increases the potential for fighter injuries. Excluding straight KO's the ref should know when to stop a fight, that usually prevents the doctors and insurance from ever coming into play. Would dodgy refs be accepted in any other pro sport?

Dodgy judges? With tote betting and 'belts' on the line? Are you nuts?

Dodgy tea\coffee? Potential riot on your hands.

Does the MMA leauge not cost €20 to enter? An amateur event that also has an admission fee. Is it because its Mark Leonard's event, a respected man in Irish MMA, that nobody has a problem paying this...

Yes it does-but it also doesnt have the door revenue that comes with a pro event, and at least gives fighters a start in a (relatively) non-pressurized, safe environment. Musicians arent getting repeatedly punched in the head with teeny gloves on.

The questions should have been answered on the first page of this thread, or would have been if the promoter had a clue what he was at. A plagurised info pack screams dodginess of used car salesman proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

By the looks of things Seenoevil you have registered on boards to support two events which one if posted here and one is in the boxing forum that is also under a lot of scrutiny. So are you involved in the event? Me thinks you are.
    Wow mentioned on the radio this must be legit. The people on this forum asking the questions are fighters or the coaches of fighters, so if they are not allowed to ask questions who is?
    What good will an MMA 'event' be fightout MMA fighters from legitimate clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

It seems to me that alot of people on this board feel that to run an event you need to be part of an elite exclusive MMA family of some sort. Fair enough this showdown thing in Galway seems like a circus that I wont attend, But instead of helping people out in promoting MMA everyone goes on about who is the ref? who is the judge? who is your father? what did he have for breakfast? where is your club? who have you rolled with? tea or coffee? etc etc.

You don't think that knowing who the refs and judges are is important? The difference between a good ref and a bad one can be a half dozen unprotected shots to the face of a downed opponent. If the judges are pure striking or wrestling or jitz judges, with no actual experience of actual MMA, then you are going to have some awful decisions made on the night.

Insurance and doctors are in place on the absolute off chance that something goes wrong, they are not an excuse to get sloppy. You cant say to a fighter "Well the ref didn't really know what an armbar looked like, thats why he didn't pull that guy off you when you tapped. But look on the brightside, the insurance will cover physio and in a year or two, you'll be able to bend your arm properly"

There is no entry fee for spectators in the MMA League, so the money to pay for hall space, mat rental and medals has to come from somewhere.

In MMA, a promoter should want to have a show with nobody getting hurt, hopefully making some money in the process, not the other way around.
    Above is a perfect example of what im talking about. Its happening in Egypt, Its not going to effect or conflict with anybodys card in Ireland, yet people still seem to have a problem,

Above is just a perfect example of wherever you try to put on a card, if you cant show you have the necessary experience and the right team of refs, doctors and judges, people are going to have problems with you.
    anyone that can agree to a fight is a big boy and should know to accept it only when they are happy with all the arrangments.

But what about the "big boy" who has never trained in a club before (remember, you don't need to be in a club to fight)and gets in the cage to look big in front of his mates, and then gets a broken leg, or a dislocated shoulder, or beaten to a pulp because he doesn't want to tap, his corner (if he even needs one!) doesn't think of throwing in a towel or the ref cant recognise that he has no idea what he is doing.

Yes, but the people making up their minds are those deciding to hold a MMA event, and they are doing so before any questions, like "do we actually know whats involved in the running of a MMA event?", are being answered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Oh my god boys!

Who is at the meeting? Who is the ref? Who THE **** ARE YE TO BE ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS? Who in god names are ye?

Prospective spectators/fighters?
    How dare anyone ask questions like that unless the are in the fight / tournament? And what us Irish call RESPECTED in the business / hobbie for most would be laughed at in United States or England. Oh yes trust me!!! I am really happy I signed up for this!!!

Is there a reason why you think this has to be privledged information?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

dunkamania wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from Dancor, and I agree with parts of it but overall its a bit harsh.

I didnt mean it to be, Although the elitists here can be just as harsh.
    dunkamania wrote: »
    It would be irresponsible of coaches to commit their fighters to a bout without making sure of the safety arrangements. As for putting fighters on shows, that dont belong to MMA gyms (i.e. untrained hardman), thats just stupid.

I 100% agree and I would have no sympathy for such a person.
    it's a case of someone who has zero experience in MMA or anything similar trying to make a quick buck at the expense of the sports reputation and MUCH MORE importantly some kids face.

And how can anybody get experience in MMA with all the narrow minds that want to keep it as some kind of elitist secret organisation thing only. Also what reputation? A few thousand people in this country know what MMA is. I dont think events like showdown2009 will help it get any better, but neither will shooting down every promoter who has not got their own gym and wants to make a living.
    i wouldn't support a pro-wrestling event organised by a group of small time boxing promoters and a DJ because it promised girls in bikinis walking around. I wouldn't support a pro-boxing event event organised by a night club owner and a part-time postman because they promise Ricky and Bianca from Corrination street would be there. I wouldn't go to a gig in town that promised "the newest and best rock music acts" when the promoter is just getting a load of teenagers to pay him 50 euro to put their band on for 15 minutes.

Nor would I
    MMA is about punching people in the face and kicking people in the head

I hope this is a joke.
    it's not to be taken willy-nilly. Jugglers, fire breathing dragons, E class celebrities aside, this has the potential to be dangerous at worse, and disastrous at best.

Again I agree with you on this, I do not support the format of these shows. Its more like a circus. And how can you have a royal rumble in a cage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

None of us have an elitest attitude, what we have is an informed one. The established shows in Ireland are established because they have answered all the questions we have asked here previously.

Also yes it does help that we know them personally, Trust is needed especially when you or one of your fighters is going to a show starting up. E.g. Roper threw his first show last year and cowzer is throwing his first one this year, They are well known and have been around the scene a while, I highly doubt they just went onto Marks website copied the rules and left it at that.

There shows were a success and will be a success because they have talked to other promoters and coaches about whats needed to put on a successful show and about the safety of fighters.

Well I taught muppets were just on Bebo but NO this place seems to be full of them.

OMG RAY DARCY ENDORSES THIS PRODUCT IT MUST BE GOOD!!!1111

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

And how can anybody get experience in MMA with all the narrow minds that want to keep it as some kind of elitist secret organisation thing only.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478242&

There's an example of a show that was not linked to any MMA gym or promoted by any active MMA coach/fighter etc etc.

The same questions were asked - who are the judges, who's the ref etc. Once people heard that a top ref was involved - it was clear that things were above board.

I salute any promoter who runs a professional show and makes money. More power to them.

I also salute the coaches and managers who are trying to protect both their fighters and the sport.

• Advertisement

I didnt mean it to be, Although the elitists here can be just as harsh.

And how can anybody get experience in MMA with all the narrow minds that want to keep it as some kind of elitist secret organisation thing only. Also what reputation? A few thousand people in this country know what MMA is. I dont think events like showdown2009 will help it get any better, but neither will shooting down every promoter who has not got their own gym and wants to make a living.

i see the point you're trying to make but it actually isn't very valid. MMA in ireland is in a great place, there are about 10 different organisations running shows and about 10-15 different groups putting out fighters at different levels from Mark Leonards MMA league at the bottom to the UFC at the top with different levels in between. To get experience in MMA you must train MMA therefore you must join a MMA club or make your own. once you've done that you're part of the community and if you're looking for fights at MMA league leve you just have to put your name in, if you want a fight at a little bit higher level you just have to put your name in to an organiser (who are many, and are easily contactable by email etc., phone) and they'll try and match you up. Organisers are looking for fighters and fighters are looking for fights. it's all good in the mma hood.
    I hope this is a joke.

It wasn't. The reality is A class and B class MMA is a sport built around trying to finish your opponent. This involves punching and kicking the head as well as submissions. Let's not side step around the reality that MMA has the potential to be violent and dangerous without proper control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kalebod

I think I might say a few pointers in this.

I am a American / Irish professional Cage Fighter for 6 years and have just moved back here till February 2010.

My last fight was in waynsville in 2008 called Fight Fest which sounds very much like this show Showdown as we had a very famous rock band Outlaw play at it and also had dancers, fire breakers, stunt men with swords and that is wt audiences want to see ENTERTAINMENT and these guys have it allright. I went to a show last week in Galway City and just a few points about it:

1. The Venue was terrible
    2. The staff were very rude
    3. The MC / Presenter was not a professional one cause was very boring and no good tone to his voice in which a pro would
    4. No entertainment but a smoke machine if you call that entertainment
    5. I have up most respect for any guy who goes into a cage / ring but those fighters were not great by any means
    6. If they were programmes I did not see them
    7. Lights were nothing spectacular
    8. The set (none) a walk the blank into the ring
    9. The fighters just walked out to the ring - none of them getting the crowd going like you see in the UFC etc etc
    10. Too short for me!!!!

Few more things which I will keep to myself but I did not think it was worth the 30 I spent but I have been to many great ones in the US and I understand that you are not in the US but the shows here need ENTERTAINMENT to make the audience want to pay over 20 or 30.

Few small things about the info pack but am sure it will be sorted. I really do not like the bitterness in this thread so I am up for these guys nad wish you all the success.

Kaleb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

Who is at the meeting? Who is the ref? Who THE **** ARE YE TO BE ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS? Who in god names are ye?

were the people who'd be supplying the fighters for this and any other mma event in ireland, if you love the americans so much go to see them, its our sport that gets damaged when cowboys come along and ruin our name that does not need any added negative publicity, i know nothing about cricket so would not set up a cricket game so why should they or you should i say! Set up an mma show. Im glad you and 40 other will go as i doubt you'll have any fighters to go to see anyway., not when your undermining the whole of irish mma on here with your negative attitude and lack of helpful answers, if you had of come on with answers people might of taken you serious but not now..

were the people who'd be supplying the fighters for this and any other mma event in ireland, if you love the americans so much go to see them, its our sport that gets damaged when cowboys come along and ruin our name that does not need any added negative publicity, i know nothing about cricket so would not set up a cricket game so why should they or you should i say! Set up an mma show. Im glad you and 40 other will go as i doubt you'll have any fighters to go to see anyway., not when your undermining the whole of irish mma on here with your negative attitude and lack of helpful answers, if you had of come on with answers people might of taken you serious but not now..

Would you let Showdown 2009 drive the train to Cork?

Cowboys? Drive trains? My god!! Fighters - we have most of them anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God get some sense lads will ye!! grow up!!! Big time!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Kalebod wrote: »
    I think I might say a few pointers in this.

I am a American / Irish professional Cage Fighter for 6 years and have just moved back here till February 2010.

My last fight was in waynsville in 2008 called Fight Fest which sounds very much like this show Showdown as we had a very famous rock band Outlaw play at it and also had dancers, fire breakers, stunt men with swords and that is wt audiences want to see ENTERTAINMENT and these guys have it allright. I went to a show last week in Galway City and just a few points about it:

1. The Venue was terrible
    2. The staff were very rude
    3. The MC / Presenter was not a professional one cause was very boring and no good tone to his voice in which a pro would
    4. No entertainment but a smoke machine if you call that entertainment
    5. I have up most respect for any guy who goes into a cage / ring but those fighters were not great by any means
    6. If they were programmes I did not see them
    7. Lights were nothing spectacular
    8. The set (none) a walk the blank into the ring
    9. The fighters just walked out to the ring - none of them getting the crowd going like you see in the UFC etc etc
    10. Too short for me!!!!

Few more things which I will keep to myself but I did not think it was worth the 30 I spent but I have been to many great ones in the US and I understand that you are not in the US but the shows here need ENTERTAINMENT to make the audience want to pay over 20 or 30.

Few small things about the info pack but am sure it will be sorted. I really do not like the bitterness in this thread so I am up for these guys nad wish you all the success.

Kaleb

I guess a conversation between Kalebod, SeeNoEvilAgain and Showdown looks a little like this!

1227868418_scottish-falsetto-sock-puppets.jpg

I think this is my first post on the circus forum! :D

• Advertisement

wy to much time on your hands mate!! WAY WAY WAY too much time!!!! very sad, very!! :( no girlfriend no doubt!!! yeah, taught so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement