Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA FIGHTERS WANTED for SHOWDOWN 2009

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Will there also be a 52 strong hen party like the boxing show at this because that could turn me in your favour:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Oh my god boys!

Who is at the meeting? Who is the ref? Who THE **** ARE YE TO BE ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS? Who in god names are ye? How dare anyone ask questions like that unless the are in the fight / tournament? And what us Irish call RESPECTED in the business / hobbie for most would be laughed at in United States or England. Oh yes trust me!!! I am really happy I signed up for this!!!

You signed up? I'll fight you.

I wont really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

wy to much time on your hands mate!! WAY WAY WAY too much time!!!! very sad, very!! :( no girlfriend no doubt!!! yeah, taught so

I think mods could do an IP check on all the "new accounts" posting on the MMA and Boxing forums about yer promotions

Do you think people are idiots - there are guys on here who obviously promote MMA fights and have seen you for what you are - I knew from yer first post on the boxing forum that you were a. an idiot, b. full of shiit and c. thinkin that you could take people for fools!

Yer a disgrace and like someone on here said - if someone on one of yer "trailerpark" shows gets seriously hurt then you are taintin their promotions and ****in with their livelyhood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

RE: Elitism

Other people are saying they're not elitist. Well I'm sorry to say that I am a total Elitist when it comes to whose shows I will have the people I train fight on. If I smell a rat, I'm not going to send anyone to fight there.

Now you can get your knickers in a twist and say that we're up our own arses when it comes to who we'll support or not, but you can say that because you have the luxury of not getting hurt, or not sending anyone to get hurt. The last two shows that I've pooh poohed (never used that term befre) I've done so because as far as I was concerned they were, as my Nan used to say, Fur Coat, No Knickers.

All the bells and whistles- dancers, party hats, huge crowds, balloon animals, celebrity guests- do not make up for inexperience of running or being behind the scenes of an MMA show. Let's not fvck around, professional fighters get into the cage with the absolute intention of hurting their opponent. You can call it what you want but when a fighter throws a punch at someone, he wants to hit him hard enough that he falls unconscious. It's only high quality refreeing that will stop him from recieving unneccesary and health threatening punishment. When a fighter gets an armbar and his opponent taps, he doesn't let go, he waits for the referee to tell him to let go. If the referee is poor, then someone will get hurt.

As for the question of how people get started? Well, shows get started by interested people with the relevant experience. If I opened a restaurant tomorrow I'd expect it to fail as a business and for someone to get food poisoning. Fighters get started by training in clubs, fighting on small shows and working their way up. There's no shortage of opportunity.

I will continue to be unashamedly elitist when it comes to safety standards. The last show that neglected these saw a man get repeated blows to the spine. If you want the sport to die a death when people clamp down on it, you will support the safe shows where fighters come first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

wy to much time on your hands mate!! WAY WAY WAY too much time!!!! very sad, very!! :( no girlfriend no doubt!!! yeah, taught so

The F*ck?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I think this statement shows the level of professional throwing the show circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

guys yer right, there are lots of people ready to put the boot into MMA, I'll not lie - I am one of them, if this guy makes a balls of his promotion and hurts guys that are willing of heart but not exactly capable of body then it could permanently hurt MMA in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Locking this thread, pending muppetchecking

Showdown 2009, Seenoevilagain & Kalebod appear to be the same poster

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

IP check confirms. All banned.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement