Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Thread...Paris C+C

• 29-03-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Just two pictures from a trip to Paris.

3396030434_4c98a4ea35.jpg?v=0

3395195751_ae274fc0dd.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's my first(ish) attempt a c+ci ng someone's work so...hey!
    2 good ideas going and almost working.
    The first is a good, good shot. I'd be happy with one foot and hit myself over the head with the other. You'd a great chance to really have the shot work because of the station you're in; Invalides. If you'd caught the name plate in full on the top right it would have completely negated the rubbish bag that blocks the man with legs' torso. If you'd held the camera slightly more square in relation to the wall and standing about 4foot further back then the frame would have incorporated it (and the less important one opposite) and the photo would be a 100% hang on the wall job.

The 2nd shot is a far trickier shot to pull off yet the trick is in the simplicity. It's there...it's kinda there...it's eh not really there. With a Modeste style shot there is a subtlety that's required to hold the viewer for more than one look. A trick for the viewers eye is required. Something that allows the viewer to see an empty scene from a position they usually wouldn't. Your shot is taken whilst your standing. Giving the viewer a scene that they've seen and will see all the time. If however you had lowered yourself to hunker level and moved nearer the right side of the escalator then you're throwing a new angle. The viewer returns for more and theireye is continually rewarded.
    Two excellent shots though. Is that done with a good phone or what kind of camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

humberklog wrote: »
    It's my first(ish) attempt a c+ci ng someone's work so...hey!
    2 good ideas going and almost working.
    The first is a good, good shot. I'd be happy with one foot and hit myself over the head with the other. You'd a great chance to really have the shot work because of the station you're in; Invalides. If you'd caught the name plate in full on the top left it would have completely negated the rubbish bag that blocks the man with legs' torso. If you'd held the camera slightly more square in relation to the wall then the frame would have incorporated it and the photo would be 100% hang on the wall job.

The 2nd shot is a far trickier shot to pull off yet the trick is in the simplicity. It's there...it's kinda there...it's eh not really there. With a Modeste style shot there is a subtlety that's required to hold the viewer for more than one look. A trick in to the eye is required. Something that allows the viewer to see an empty scene from a position they usually wouldn't. Your shot is taken whilst your standing. Giving the viewer a scene that they've seen and will see all the time. If however you had lowered yourself to hunker level and moved nearer the right side of the escalator then you're throwing a new angle. The viewer returns for more and theireye is continually rewarded.
    Two excellent shots though. Is that done with a good phone or what kind of camera?

Cheers for all that. It all makes a LOT of sense.

Camera is a Sony DSC-T20.

Thanks again though for that..gives me some hope!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Loads of scope. You've a good eye and that's nearly all that's needed.

Advertisement