Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the job i want

Options
  • 29-03-2009 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi guys i am new to this and need some advice. I am 16 years old and next year will be doing my leaving cert and will be just gone 18 when i do it. When i finish school i plan of being a motor mechanic but my parents keep saying i won't be able to find an apprenticeship. It is the only career i wish to go for. Can you guys tell me if it will be hard to find one and the current situation in the motor mechanic area?

many thanks ,

Gavin.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

At the moment you would really struggle to find a position like that. In 2 years time when you finish your exams things may well have picked up and a postion may be easier to get into.

You'll struggle alright, but in saying that, I don't think there's any alternatives that would be significantly easier right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dundalk-Dragger

I really don't know what to do as i made it clear to my parents i want to be a mechanic and they are not happy over it (dirty job , low pay) but it really is all i want. I fear i may have to serve my time as an apprentice in another county :(

Advertisement