Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth Hour? Don't make me laugh.

Options
  • 29-03-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

So I'm in the library on Saturday, mere days before my finals, and suddenly Mr. Security Man comes over and kicks me out. At eight o' clock! When I asked why, he informed me it was Earth Hour. What a pile of ****. Earth Hour - more like the library crew want to go home early on a Saturday hour. If I want to support Hippy Day or whatever I'll make that decision myself.

It's as bad as in February, when the librarys all closed early due to (try not to laugh) 'inclement weather conditions'. The thing's built like a Russian missile silo - I don't think it's going to blow away anytime soon. Lazy bastards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

You seem like a happy and well-balanced person. What's your secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

passive wrote: »
    You seem like a happy and well-balanced person. What's your secret?
    His massive salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hughbrady

That, and my smokin' wife. Brains and beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Have to agree. Earth hour is a pointless load of s**t. Good luck in your finals OP (mine start this Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

waraf wrote: »
    Earth hour is a pointless load of s**t.
    I disagree. It reduces carbon emissions (albeit on a miniscule level when you look at the big picture), and raises awareness. But I'd question the idea of a university library turfing students out to participate in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Breezer wrote: »
    I disagree. It reduces carbon emissions (albeit on a miniscule level when you look at the big picture), and raises awareness. But I'd question the idea of a university library turfing students out to participate in it.

Yes, it'll delay the ecopalypse (tm) by three seconds. And it raises awareness of just how crazy cargo-cult environmentalism can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Let the fuccers work in candle light. If it was good enough for the Curies, its good enough for the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Who cares, by the time the planet starts to feck up we'll all be dead, so it ain't our problem!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

October Bank Holiday in UCC they shut down the entire campus for the weekend to reduce there carbon footprint.

Take the hour and run. Though I think it's woeful you were kicked out of the library for that. I spent most saturdays for a year in there and I would have been bulling had it happened to me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think on a more serious note UCD should look at some real ways of reducing energy... like proper scheduling of lighting and heating, and especially getting rid of those propaganda plasma screens that just show nonsense powerpoint slides.

• Advertisement
Advertisement