Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 Red Ring - What Is It?

• 29-03-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

I know that there are probably about a thousand threads about RROD around here, including the sticky at the top of the page, but I couldn't be bothered to look through them all.

I'm a complete novice with an Xbox 360 (about 20 minutes playing time is the total of my experience). Anyway, I found a 360 for sale for 60 Euro, but it has one Red Ring. My questions are:

- What problems are there with a one-ring 360?
    - How does it happen?
    - Can it become 2-4 rings?
    - How can I repair/get repaired a 360 with one Red Ring?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I think there can be different error's associated with 1 red ring. I got one on my console, bottom right quadrant with an E 71 error on screen. But it only really occured when I would play downloaded arcade titles for long periods of time, I think it was associated with my hard-drive. So far I've been playing regular retail games with no further problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got this error on an xbox that was 10 months old. I brought it back to the shop and they replaced it no problem.
    When I looked into the problem I found some mention that it was a problem with the graphis chip.
    Did say to try clean off the Scart connection and try reseat it. So i tried that and it did not work. So it was back to shop in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    I know that there are probably about a thousand threads about RROD around here, including the sticky at the top of the page, but I couldn't be bothered to look through them all.

I'm a complete novice with an Xbox 360 (about 20 minutes playing time is the total of my experience). Anyway, I found a 360 for sale for 60 Euro, but it has one Red Ring. My questions are:

- What problems are there with a one-ring 360?
    - How does it happen?
    - Can it become 2-4 rings?
    - How can I repair/get repaired a 360 with one Red Ring?

One red ring generally shows you have some sort of hardware failure. First, check all the connections at the back of the console are inserted correctly, remove any hard drive or memory unit and boot up. If it still has a red ring, take down the serial number off the back of the box and call xbox customer care on 01-2420758 from a mobile, think they have a freephone number too if you have a landline but not sure what it is.

Oh, pray that it's within warranty and not registered to the previous owner! Otherwise you might not like what they tell you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

it is probably e74. what does it say on the screen?
    It is fixable (if console is not under warranty) by doing xclamp replacement.
    A lot of those came up after NXE update, I think M$ finally found a cure for RROD - change it to e74 error :/

Advertisement