Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving image effect, help.

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this will be a nice straight-forward one for ye. What I want to do is take one large image and create the effect that the camera is moving across it. So basically, zoom in on the left and slowly scroll to the right automatically.
    It's for the homepage of a landscaping site I'm doing for a friend, so the effect I want to give is that the camera is moving across a garden.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: FWIW I have PhotoshopCS3 so I'm hoping it can be done there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Straight away I would look at Adobe Flash, if you have CS3 it'll be in there. Since it's for a website and it's an animation I'd say it's your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

FlyOver wrote: »
    Straight away I would look at Adobe Flash, if you have CS3 it'll be in there. Since it's for a website and it's an animation I'd say it's your best bet.

Yup flash is what you want for that. It would be tough to do it in photoshop unless you know it well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can do animation in photoshop.
    If you have the image ready open it and drop the canvas sise or resize the image to be bigger than the canvas. Open the animation pallet (Window> animation)
    you can create key frames with this by clicking the "duplicate selected frame" button at the bottom.
    now highlight the new frame and grab the move tool and reposition it.
    (make sure your layer isn't locked)
    Select both frames in the animation pallet and click the "tween" button to add interpolant frames.
    Save as GIF and you're done.

attachment.php?attachmentid=76437&stc=1&d=1238782598

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Or as yet another alternative, you could set one wide image as the background of a div (that's more narrow than the image), then use a javascript timer loop to scroll the background position for the div.
    You'd probably get the nicest looking result with flash though, as you can add little embellishments here and there... maybe a subtle zoom or rotate to go with the pan... or animate another layer ontop.

Advertisement