Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat in Charlesland Wood

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

album.php?aid=99540&id=608475311&l=828c7b0118Hi There

My cat Jules has been missing for 13 nights now, since Wednesday 18 March (there was a lot of fog that night).

He has never been gone for that long - four nights is the longest - so as you can imagine I am getting worried!

He is a three and a half year old male called Jules, microchipped, neutered with a black diamond stud collar. Dark tabby with white patches...

The attached pictures are quite old, so he is bigger now, but the markings would give you an idea..

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=99540&id=608475311&l=828c7b0118

Please respond if you think you have seen him...

Thanks

GG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Greystones Girl

I have been speaking to a very nice lady in Cats Aid.

She has advised that I ask my neighbours to open their sheds and boiler houses for an hour, to give Jules an opportunity to come out, as he may be scared and hiding.

Apparently, opening the door for five minutes will not work, as he will be scared by movement/people, and will need time to establish that it is safe to come out of hiding.

If anybody is reading this, who lives in Charlesland, please please could you try this tonight?

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I'm pretty sure that this cat was on the cycleway just between the court and the wood yesterday evening. It had it's collar on and was being friendly around a man and a kid. Looked perfectly content. Same colouring, adult cat.

thanks for this

I heard this from someone else yesterday too...

I did go around there last night, but no sign...I'll try again tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Did you manage to get him back?

unfortunately not!

I've met many other lovely cats on my search, but not Jules...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I am really sorry to hear you haven't found him yet. :(
    He looks lovely in the pictures. Fingers crossed you'll find him soon.

thank you.

Unfortunately Jules is still missing - today is exactly four weeks.

His picture is in this week's Wicklow Times, so hopefully it will strike a chord with someone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 .:R

Hi, I may have seen him, I PM'd you.

Good Morning

Thanks so much to everyone for helping to look for Jules. Unfortunately he has not turned up yet. I am sure he is safe and sound somewhere but am extremely anxious and really miss him now.

Just a reminder that he is micro-chipped, so if any cat turns up, please could you arrange for him to be scanned at the local VET so that we might match up?

In case he has become stuck somewhere, could you alert people to be vigilant around their homes? He may have snuck in a window and up an attic stairs.....

On my travels at the week-end, one guy told me he had seen a cat in the facia at the back of his house, so it's possible Jules has got himself stuck somewhere. Please please keep an ear out for any cat crying or in distress

He really is a wonderful very special cat and so I cannot give up on him..

Thanks again

GG

[EMAIL="'admin@lasthope.ie'"][/EMAIL]

Hi All

Another cat was spotted in Charlesland Park last evening and when I investigated, it was a really cute little grey tabby kitten - very friendly, no collar but obviously used to people and children.

I thought I should mention it in case anyone has lost a kitten - prob only 3/4 months old.

Best Wishes

GG

• Advertisement

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to report that Jules was found yesterday!

I had a phone call from Valentine Farm in Newcastle, and collected him yesterday evening. He is safe and well.

Thanks so much to everyone who kept an eye out for him over the last 42 traumatic days!

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to report that Jules was found yesterday!

I had a phone call from Valentine Farm in Newcastle, and collected him yesterday evening. He is safe and well.

Thanks so much to everyone who kept an eye out for him over the last 42 traumatic days!

GG

Blimey thats brilliant!

I know how you must of been feeling. Our dog went missing in London for two weeks many moons ago. Myself and my mum were walking up our road one morning and along he comes, not a care in the world. My mum chased him all the way home and he never did it again. God i was so relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Fantastic news GG.

At least something positive in this day of doom and gloom... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Great news. We'll look forward to seeing him around again soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Fantastic. I am delighted for your happy ending. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mousecatcher

I'm so happy for you. We've been keeping an eye out for him, yelling 'Jules' at random cats in the hope that one of them would turn out to be him :)

thanks so much everyone

As you can imagine, as the weeks went by, I began to regret calling him Jules, and wished he had a more manly name like George or David...!

But he's part of a pair ("Jules and Mimi") and so he's stuck with his silly french name....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

great news GG - hopefully he's had his fill of wandering for the time being...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

That's great GG. I spoke to you one night when you were posting flyers and ever since my little girl asks me every day if Jules has been found. I'm sure that was him in the garden a few weeks ago!

She jumped up and down with delight when I told her :D

Delighted for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

That's fantastic news GG! One of my cats plays with him a bit in the back field part of Charleland so he'll be delighted to have him back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

thanks so much everyone

As you can imagine, as the weeks went by, I began to regret calling him Jules, and wished he had a more manly name like George or David...!

But he's part of a pair ("Jules and Mimi") and so he's stuck with his silly french name....

any idea how he ended up in newcastle GG? there must be a story you can entertain us with?? even if you don't know, say he got the bus or something!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Oh what a happy ending, thank God! I've been keeping an eye out! I saw a poster in Super Valu, I saw an ad on gumtree, I read about Jules in the Wicklow Times, and I've been keeping up with this thread! That's great news, I'm so glad Jules is safe and sound! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I walked by the house yesterday and Jules was sitting on the window ledge, looking out. He looked like he's ready for more adventures!

:)

Advertisement