Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Pressure washer problem

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Bought an RAC 1800w pressure washer from argos last week. Followed the instructions, put it all together, turned on the water and turned it on - it ran for 10 seconds and stopped and would not turn back on.

Brought it back and got an identical one. It did the exact same thing. This leads me to believe that I am doing something wrong. Has anyone had a similar problem?? There is an automatic stop on it which means that when the lance trigger is pressed, it should come on, and when depressed it switches off. Mine switched off when depressed, but will not switch back on when pressed.

If anyone can help me or guide me on how I can fix this problem, I would appreciate it.

Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

May be too much of a power draw on an extension lead. Try plugging it in directly to a socket, rather then an extension?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

hey reilig

when you connect the water hold the trigger on the lance with the power off and flush throught a good drop of water when it stops hissing and spitting and you get a steady flow of water switch on the power sounds to me like an air problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was going to say the same thing .. you probably need to "prime" the thing by making sure the whole system including the pump is full of water first. I certainly remember on my old powerwasher they explicitly told you to do that every time before use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

spot on alun

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

+1 for bleeding the air as described.

If it still won't turn on, check the fuse in the plug. I have a Lavor where the motor would come on in a 'strained' fashion for a few seconds to rebuild pressure then blow the fuse - every time. If you have been using an extension cord, check that the fuse in that plug hasn't blown or if it has acircuit breaker, that it hasn't tripped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Thanks for the advice guys.

I let the water run through it, still won't work.

Plugged it directly into the socket with no extension lead, still no joy.

Got annoyed with it then and left it.

Will try changing the fuse in the plug this evening. If that doesn't work, its back to the shop for me with it.

Thanks

Dan

Advertisement