Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy/have made garden gate?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Our front gate is falling apart! It's a small gate for a terraced house. I'd love to get one made or buy one ready made. Something like the hampton model in this link: https://www.topclasscarpentry.com/category/Dublin%20Airport/Gates/

Anyone any ideas? I want it to be sturdy. Our next door neighbour got one made recently and it's a piece of tat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ennisa

i would imagine that any decent carpenter, golden pages etc, should be able to put one together relatively quickly and put a decent outdoor finish on it. I would imagine that installing the hinges and hanging would be the most difficult part. The gate on the web page looks like it is some kind of pippy oak or pine. Not sure if all the knots are on purpose or it is just good use for lower grade pine.

Advertisement