Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest town?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Ok here I'm going to set up a vote to see what people think is the nicest town in Kildare. Please try and avoid voting for your own place. I live in Leixlip and personally I am voting for Maynooth.

What determines a nice town is up to you really but to give you some ideas in case you're blank

The Town is beautiful and kept clean.
    There is a lot of things to do during the day and at night.
    The atmosphere is nice.
    All I need is right here.

Im going to throw up as many towns as possible but if your favourite is not there than throw a comment of the town and what makes it the best/favourite.

Actually even if your favourite is there vote and add a comment and tell us why!!!

What's your favourite town 128 votes

Leixlip
    0% 0 votes
    Maynooth
    14% 18 votes
    Kilcock
    28% 37 votes
    Kilcullen
    3% 5 votes
    Kildare
    3% 4 votes
    Kill
    5% 7 votes
    Kilteel
    0% 0 votes
    Castledermot
    0% 0 votes
    Celbridge
    2% 3 votes
    Clane
    4% 6 votes
    Curragh
    4% 6 votes
    Johnstown
    0% 0 votes
    Athy
    0% 1 vote
    Ballymore
    4% 6 votes
    Brownstown
    2% 3 votes
    Carbury
    0% 0 votes
    Monasterevin
    0% 0 votes
    Moone
    1% 2 votes
    Moyvalley
    0% 0 votes
    Naas
    0% 0 votes
    Newbridge
    10% 14 votes
    Prosperous
    6% 8 votes
    Rathangan
    1% 2 votes
    The Curragh
    2% 3 votes
    Straffan
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

naas ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SeanMurphy

Well i live in Celbridge....so I chose Straffan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well my other half is from Clane, so I'll have to give Clane a vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Can't see this poll working - It is obvious that it will be skewed towards the bigger towns (more people = more votes)and as you see the poll is already reflecting this.

I guarantee you at the end of this poll the top three will probably be Naas, Maynooth and Newbridge

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I live in Celbridge. I voted for Celbridge. If I thought another town was nicer, I'd be living in that! But I dont. so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Leixlip. I love it despite its many flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Terry wrote: »
    Leixlip. I love it despite its many flaws.

Think you're on your own there Terry! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Think you're on your own there Terry! :p

Never fear Terry, Leixlip heads stand together!!!

gatecrash wrote: »
    Never fear Terry, Leixlip heads stand together!!!

Damit! You have spoiled my plot to isolate Leixlip. Now I feel bad coz i live there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Chewie wrote: »
    I live in Celbridge. I voted for Celbridge. If I thought another town was nicer, I'd be living in that! But I dont. so.

Same reason why Kildare got my vote.

Maynooth in the lead :confused::confused: What's so great about that place? All I'm reminded of when I think of Maynooth is bad traffic jams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Ilive in Clane and I love it,great community spirit and a lovely clean town,lots of sports and close to Dublin,Naas and Newbridge for shopping.

keefg wrote: »
    Same reason why Kildare got my vote.

Maynooth in the lead :confused::confused: What's so great about that place? All I'm reminded of when I think of Maynooth is bad traffic jams.

Same reason why Holly likes Clane, just a very nice place when you are walking anyways :D Parking can be hassle but at least its for free. Have to pay for it in Leixlip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

Leixlip

Leixlip slowly catching up on maynooth :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I dislike Maynooth as much as I dislike Leixlip.

But for a 'pretty' town, apart from my own, I think Straffan is really nice. Since they tidied it up for the golf it really is just picturesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

What sort of nutbags are picking Leixlip and Kilcock, very sad indeed

Sam Hain wrote: »
    What sort of nutbags are picking Leixlip and Kilcock, very sad indeed

ones that live there....better than that town in between them!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I live in Clane but it's a hell hole so I'm going to say Maynooth. Friendly atmosphere, good social life. Traffic is a bit of a nightmare though.

I think Kilcock is the worst town in kildare, dirty, full of dirt bags and imbred people. Ugh the thought of that place makes me shiver :o. Leixlip is heaven compared to it.
    I really dont see how Leixlip has gotten 10 votes and is one shy of maynooth. Baffles me. This voting pole is NOT :mad: to vote for where you live :rolleyes:

I think Kilcock is the worst town in kildare, dirty, full of dirt bags and imbred people. Ugh the thought of that place makes me shiver :o. Leixlip is heaven compared to it.
    I really dont see how Leixlip has gotten 10 votes and is one shy of maynooth. Baffles me. This voting pole is NOT :mad: to vote for where you live :rolleyes:

If you like where you live then why not vote for it?? :rolleyes: back at ya

• Advertisement

If you like where you live then why not vote for it?? :rolleyes: back at ya

Im confusled now :pac: I don't mind where I live but I don't think it's the nicest town in Kildare so i am not going to vote for it just because I live there. Perhaps Straffan is nicer than Maynooth, don't know, never been!

I live in Leixlip because I have cheap rent :p

Im confusled now :pac: I don't mind where I live but I don't think it's the nicest town in Kildare so i am not going to vote for it just because I live there. Perhaps Straffan is nicer than Maynooth, don't know, never been!

I live in Leixlip because I have cheap rent :p

Well i do like where i live, which is why i voted for Leixlip. Your little throw the toys out of the pram rant earlier
    This voting pole is NOT to vote for where you live

was what i took exception to.
    The way you came across to me there was "But I think Leixlip is a ****hole, why are all these people voting for it........don't they know that i'm right???"

You set up a poll, the results didn't reflect what you expected (Maynooth to be raised up on a pedestal that the rest of the towns in Kildare can only aspire to) and you threw a wobbly.

(Maynooth to be raised up on a pedestal that the rest of the towns in Kildare can only aspire to) and you threw a wobbly.

Wobbly? I don't mind what people vote, was merely surprised that Leixlip has got so many votes and perhaps slightly confused as well. I wouldn't say I put Maynooth on a pedestal and was demanding everyone voted for it and didn't throw a wobbly. In fact I was fast a sleep, my conscience that wrote that and he's pretty mellow

Wobbly? I don't mind what people vote, was merely surprised that Leixlip has got so many votes and perhaps slightly confused as well. I wouldn't say I put Maynooth on a pedestal and was demanding everyone voted for it and didn't throw a wobbly. In fact I was fast a sleep, my conscience that wrote that and he's pretty mellow

well like i said it was the
    This voting pole is NOT :mad: to vote for where you live:rolleyes:
    comment that i questioned. Most people using these fora would be over 18 and will at least have a rudimentry grasp of how to vote. Be it in a general election, local election, or where's your favourite town poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I lived in Maynooth for 4 years and loved it, would move back there tomorrow if I could. But I voted for Straffan, there isn't much there but I think it's a beautiful village.

well like i said it was the
    comment that i questioned. Most people using these fora would be over 18 and will at least have a rudimentry grasp of how to vote. Be it in a general election, local election, or where's your favourite town poll

I wasn't being serious horse :)

Throwing this back on top for others to vote, remember to leave reasons why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

kilcock, straffan or maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

MICK, i hope to god you voted for maynooth!!!!

im trying to make a point to airsoft reloaded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 itsadeathtrap

lads kildare town is where its at....
    if it was good enough for st Bridget then itss good enough for me

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement