Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to check if a 087 number is vodafone?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I've just switched from 085 to 087 to avail of the free Vodafone to Vodafone calls. A lot of people I know are on VF, but many also have 087 numbers but are not on VF. Is there any way of checking?

Also, sometimes when I call a number, before it rings I get a BEEP. Does this mean it is/is not a VF number?

Would love to know, as it would save me a good few quid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

philmcn wrote: »
    I've just switched from 085 to 087 to avail of the free Vodafone to Vodafone calls. A lot of people I know are on VF, but many also have 087 numbers but are not on VF. Is there any way of checking?

Also, sometimes when I call a number, before it rings I get a BEEP. Does this mean it is/is not a VF number?

Would love to know, as it would save me a good few quid.

You're correct. If you call an 087 number and you hear a beep before it starts ringing, it means that the 087 number has ported off the Vodafone network; the same applies for other networks.

I am also unaware of any way in which to check whether a user is on the Vodafone network. The only network that I am aware of that has a service like this is Meteor e.g. texting a mobile number to 50004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 philmcn

Thanks for that - its a useful thing to know. A beep means its not 087, so you can safely assume its going to cost you money to make that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

philmcn wrote: »
    Thanks for that - its a useful thing to know. A beep means its not 087, so you can safely assume its going to cost you money to make that call.

No problem at all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's an article in the faq about this. If you feel it needs updating drop me a pm please.

Thanks

Advertisement