Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture of fellas head on cover of the Sunday World.

Options
  • 30-03-2009 10:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone think this was a bit gratious?Showing a photo of the head of that Dublin drug dealer who was found dismembered in a canal in Amsterdam.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

darkdubh wrote: »
    Anyone think this was a bit gratious?Showing a photo of the head of that Dublin drug dealer who was found dismembered in a canal in Amsterdam.

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

They put it there because it increases publicity and thus sales, similar to this topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I saw that yesterday and was thinking the same thing. Although you would'nt know the head was decapitated just by looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I saw that yesterday and was thinking the same thing. Although you would'nt know the head was decapitated just by looking at it.

Ah come on now, the lack of a body was a dead give away! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The front page always gives a heads up as to what news they are covering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Looks like a bad photoshop attempt to put his head on a wooly jumper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It reminds me of that headless somalian that was found in the canal in Dublin.
    Dermatological experts reccomended bathing in Canal water as it "Makes Blackheads dissapear"

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

So what? Drug dealing scum deserve no sympathy or respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I thought it was hilarious. More scumbags like that is what we need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jesus, that page looks as poorly laid out and written as the paper does. Consistency is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The front page always gives a heads up as to what news they are covering.
    You mean Headlines? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

chin_grin wrote: »
    Jesus, that page looks as poorly laid out and written as the paper does. Consistency is a good thing.

Very true, even down to the "Tatyoo" on his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ah its grand. He just looks like he is sleeping.

upside down and inside out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Degsy wrote: »
    Dermatological experts reccomended bathing in Canal water as it "Makes Blackheads dissapear"

That's pretty tasteless even for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

No they should have made it bigger!! he's scum and i hope he was alive while being chopped up!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

No they should have made it bigger!! he's scum and i hope he was alive while being chopped up!!

but you're just lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

No, and if you think it is you might as well /yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

No, and if you think it is you might as well /yourself
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

It will be a happy day for Ireland,when this 'newspaper' closes down,or hopefully burns down,a complete dumbed down rag which preys on the stupid and ignorant,I wouldnt wipe my ar*e with it............................if it was a civil servant,politician,or a rich businessman like Tony O'Reilly whose head it was then you can bet that wouldnt be published,the Sunday World likes to pick on working class areas and sh*t all over them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Irlbo wrote: »
    It will be a happy day for Ireland,when this 'newspaper' closes down,or hopefully burns down,a complete dumbed down rag which preys on the stupid and ignorant,I wouldnt wipe my ar*e with it............................if it was a civil servant,politician,or a rich businessman like Tony O'Reilly whose head it was then you can bet that wouldnt be published,the Sunday World likes to pick on working class areas and sh*t all over them

He is not a representation of working class Ireland.
    I'm from a working class area and I don't give a fiddlers fuk that they showed a picture of him. I'd feel sorry for his mother and father having to see it, thats about all.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Zadkiel wrote: »
    He is not a representation of working class Ireland.
    I'm from a working class area and I don't give a fiddlers fuk that they showed a picture of him. I'd feel sorry for his mother and father having to see it, thats about all.

I know the family, and in particular his sister quite well. My heart aches for her having to deal with such a situation, and to see her brothers dismembered head on the front of the papers must have been so awful. Whatever about what he was, good people cared for him, and now they're hurting as a result of this coverage. All to make a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Why stop at his head?

Why not have the whole collection of body parts, intestines, entrails, genitals all displayed on the front page in glorious technicolor? All in full view of the nations children and this guys family and friends...He is a drug dealer after all.

My opinion? This is seriously sick sh1t and I will never buy the sunday world again after they engaged in this snuff garbage journalism. No better than those iraqi beheading videos. Our society is seriously ****ed if we think its ok to put a mans severed head on the front page of a national newspaper and call it journalism. This crap belongs on rotten.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Looks like he headed down the wrong path.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nedoo

They photoshopped it as he didnt have his going out PJs on! Good enough for the scum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That's pretty tasteless even for you.

Thanks..i've been practising!

He'll never be the head of a major corporation etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    I know the family, and in particular his sister quite well. My heart aches for her having to deal with such a situation, and to see her brothers dismembered head on the front of the papers must have been so awful. Whatever about what he was, good people cared for him, and now they're hurting as a result of this coverage. All to make a few quid.
    What of the people he himself hurt?
    He chose that path in life.

Degsy wrote: »

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

My opinion? This is seriously sick sh1t and I will never buy the sunday world again after they engaged in this snuff garbage journalism. No better than those iraqi beheading videos. Our society is seriously ****ed if we think its ok to put a mans severed head on the front page of a national newspaper and call it journalism. This crap belongs on rotten.com/

Jaysus, no need to lose the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Terry wrote: »
    What of the people he himself hurt?
    He chose that path in life.

He chose that path, not his family. He's not here to bear the shame, those who loved him are.

Do you think printing a picture of his dismembered head helped those he hurt? I don't think anyone wants to see that. And again, printing the picture serves only to hurt innocent people who loved him, not the man himself.

Advertisement