Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture of fellas head on cover of the Sunday World.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    He chose that path, not his family. He's not here to bear the shame, those who loved him are.

Do you think printing a picture of his dismembered head helped those he hurt? I don't think anyone wants to see that. And again, printing the picture serves only to hurt innocent people who loved him, not the man himself.
    Fair enough. Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

He chose that path, not his family. He's not here to bear the shame, those who loved him are.

Do you think printing a picture of his dismembered head helped those he hurt? I don't think anyone wants to see that. And again, printing the picture serves only to hurt innocent people who loved him, not the man himself.

Do you not think he himself hurt his family by his own actions also though? He brought pain to the people who loved him by what he did. Did he think of his loved ones at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hat's a tragic tale!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

gazzer wrote: »
    Do you not think he himself hurt his family by his own actions also though? He brought pain to the people who loved him by what he did. Did he think of his loved ones at all?

Of course, you're dead on. I'm not trying to vindicate his actions at all, I don't even know the full extent of them. But I don't agree with causing a family any additional pain who are already hurting as a result of his, and others like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Hat's a tragic tale!
    You've some neck to be writing that! :pac:

(here we go again)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

FruitLover wrote: »
    Jaysus, no need to lose the head.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Are you not banned degsy??? lol

i imagine he didnt cut off his own head, legs, arms, fingers ect...

Whatever he done over there, he must have been screaming out for it to be honest.

I'm working class ordinary person, i went on holidays in Amsterdam before, i didnt end up in pieces in the Canal over there.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword simple as that lads.. how many peoples lives has he runined by his actions.
    He thought of no one but himself in teh Path he choose... i'm not a reader of the sunday world, but i have no problem with his picture being on it.

He should have stayed here and faced the Music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

whycliff wrote: »
    You live by the sword, you die by the sword
    Half true in this guys case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

whycliff wrote: »
    I'm working class ordinary person, i went on holidays in Amsterdam before, i didnt end up in pieces in the Canal over there

I've heard that the dope over there can leave you "in bits" but thats ridiculous.
    Some people just fall to pieces very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

andrewh5 wrote: »
    So what? Drug dealing scum deserve no sympathy or respect.

Well yes of course but it further shows the type of degenerates that work on these types of newspapers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

but you're just lovely.

why yes thank you, its a pleasure, im handing out leaflets on he topic next week, ill be standing outside 123 Fake Street.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Well yes of course but it further shows the type of degenerates that work on these types of newspapers

and let the irish times show it?? get away!! we want it first! not them!! all they report is numbers and math!! i couldnt be happier now i know there is one less drug dealer scum when they doing a head count...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I honestly dont think its any worse than when the Gardai released the picture of the Romanian guy who was in the suitcase in the canal in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

andrewh5 wrote: »
    So what? Drug dealing scum deserve no sympathy or respect.

Agreed, no sympathy for these scum whatsoever. Shame there wasn't a picture of that idiot in Limerick who shot his head off too. Good enough for the scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

in one of the funeral pictures, there's a kid giving the finger....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Agreed, no sympathy for these scum whatsoever. Shame there wasn't a picture of that idiot in Limerick who shot his head off too. Good enough for the scummers.

Yeah I'm sure that their corpses would be really humiliated by it.

Forget about the dead scummer, he was some mothers son, and after the years of heartbreak that he probably gave her she should still have to look at his disembodied head on the front page of a paper? Does she deserve that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

It's possible,just possible, that she contributed to his path down the road to drugs?

While not saying anything about the particular person, certain families cannot abdicate their responsibility for the way their children grow up.

Doing nothing is not an excuse, although I fully realise that in some cases it's not the families fault.

Sometimes one has to grin cynically when one hears the description of the dead as in the recent Limerick case.

"He loved horses,goats and stuff"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Forget about the dead scummer, he was some mothers son, and after the years of heartbreak that he probably gave her she should still have to look at his disembodied head on the front page of a paper? Does she deserve that?

Couldn't care less about his mother to be honest.

If we have to watch these brazen animals continually smirking and giving fingered salutes to the cameras when being brought to and from courts/prisons then I wanna look at them when the smiles are FINALLY wiped off their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I felt a little sickened by it. All I could think was "Dexter, Dexter, Dexter.."

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Don't knock Dexter.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

A future scumbag in the making by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Don't knock Dexter.:(

I love Dexter! But, as a fictional character man!

dlofnep wrote: »
    I love Dexter! But, as a fictional character man!

I knew that.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Unfortunately - as is finally being considered in this thead - it is a rare occurance that scumbags like him get to the point they are at without some level of encouragement/non-intervention from their families. Scum families are scum families, and that's an invariability in 99% of cases.

I'm sure he "broke his mother's heart" every time he bought her a new car/holiday alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Guess he visited a head shop too many in the dam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Do you think printing a picture of his dismembered head helped those he hurt?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Its the Sunday World. 'Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I think that's from the funeral of that chap from Limerick that blew his own head off by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pinnyoshea

That's pretty tasteless even for you.
    I dunno. Standards are quiet high normally.

A7X wrote: »
    I think that's from the funeral of that chap from Limerick that blew his own head off by accident.
    Irony at it's best though,showing someone how to kill another and end up being your own executioner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The Sunday World and Keith Ennis both make [made] their living selling shít to people too dumb not to buy it......

- It would be a pleasant irony to see the Editor of the Sunday Worlds empty, smug, decapitated head published some day :D

Advertisement