Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone any tasty veg/salad ideas

• 30-03-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all,

I want to up my veg intake and so recently have been trying to come up with more ways of incorporating veg/sald into my diet. Firstly I'm not on a diet, I take a lot of exercise, football, cycling, running.

However I have never been the biggest veg or sald eater, so if anyone has any healthy ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to to be able to get veg into luches and stuff but am struggling for ideas.

For example I've only recently started to eat peppers, so I'd like to try roasting them for an accompanyment to my dinner - any ideas for what to fill them with? Will they keep overnight to do for lunch the next day?

Any advice appreciated.

Tks,

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

fill em with brown rice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ratatouille. Total win. I'm eating a big container of it for lunch today with a tin of tuna. Nyom.

edit: I'd advise upping your veg intake over time or you may find yourself feeling bloated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If you're trying to eat healthy, I suggest you try M&S once, to see what it's like. It's a bit more expensive, but just try it once:
    -M&S mixed lettuce
    -M&S salad dressing
    -croutons
    -anything else that tickles your fancy (I like mushrooms, me).You wouldn't believe it, but their stuff is so good that you can't have a bad salad!!!!!!
    The first time I had it it was such a shock that I forgot to eat meat.

Fallon & Byrne's is also a great place that will make you feel like eating more veg. I was never a big fan of lettuce because whenever I get some from Dunnes' it tastes like plastic.

EDIT: Also, try courgettes, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes in the oven. just a pinch of pepper on the mushrooms. Doesn't take long, tastes great, and will go with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

Ratatouille sounds good, probably give that a try. Does it reheat well in the microwave?

Big fan of mushrooms myself, like to have them in almost everything.

I'll pop into M&S next time I'm near to see what they have.

Tks,

P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

Ratatouille sounds good, probably give that a try. Does it reheat well in the microwave?

Big fan of mushrooms myself, like to have them in almost everything.

I'll pop into M&S next time I'm near to see what they have.

Tks,

P

• Advertisement
Advertisement