Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst radio show

• 30-03-2009 11:49am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hate the Ray Foley show on Today FM!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I hate Tom Dunne on Newstalk! ahh thats better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's hard to believe that this thread will amount to anything other than a long list of "I hate" posts. It's not really what we're looking for in this forum, the Ranting and Raving forum eats that stuff up!!

Maybe this thread will produce some amazing critiques of radio shows in the next 12 hours or so....if not, it's done. NO PERSONAL ABUSE - this includes radio personalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Sunday with Norris(Newstalk 9am sundays - if you're interested) is dire - sub Desert Island disks trash, with Norris gushing over which ever dullzo they have on spouting about how wonderful they are with a harsh word never passing Norris beard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

Saturday Edition on Newstalk with Brendan O'Brien, but......it's addictive, so bad it's good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

90percent of whats on Radio1 after 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Sunday with Norris

I must wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I used to think old chuck was sort of leftfield but in actual fact he's as much a part of the back slapping, incestuous, 'aren't we all wonderfully fabulous' brigade, as the next self-congratulating, eh, radio personality.

His show is vile. I haven't listened in a while but used to hear it in the car. I never knew who he was talking to but they sure got smoke blown you know where. 'I love you, you're so wonderful'. 'And I love you Chuck, you're fabulous'. What does any of this mean or achieve or anything.

And what's the story with Raglan Road being the first tune they all choose? Same with Dunphy - originality, zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

How can you hate the Ray Foley show?!?!

Best thing on radio by miles!

mod edit: (for everyone) This is a venting thread, being left open as an experiment. It's not going to work if there's discussion, it's just for venting. If you like, you can open a best radio show thread and I promise I won't let anyone argue with you on there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I dislike The Ray Foley Show the most:
    -His show is a poor rip-off of Chris Moyles (BBC Radio 1 6-9am weekdays)
    -He fails at being funny through brutal skits
    -He brings on some terrible guests (Who likes The Feeling)
    -His listeners are gullible and will go as far as to vote him National DJ of the year
    -The production team is a glorified failed Ray D'Arcy team

That is as much as I can say without going personal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

rick o shea show , the guy is the biggest banker on the airwaves , just aswell the great tony fenton is on at the same time on today fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I hate the Tom Dunne show on Newstalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I hate the Ray D'Arcy show, for all the reasons given in the massive thread.

Also, 'I go home' with Fergal D'Arcy on i102104 is appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

any show on today fm is crap:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anything presented by Phil Cauley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

silvine wrote: »
    Anything presented by Phil Cauley.
    +1
    I forgot about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Breakfast show on Spin 1038 in Dublin

Zoo Crew on Spin 1038

Nikki Hayes on 2FM

Phil Cawley on Today Fm

They're all ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

I don't like tony fenton
    fergal d'arcy is pretty poor as well
    ruth scott rick oshea and nikki hayes need i explain
    and most local country and death notices radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

I hate Tom Dunne and I hate his radio show

If Newstalk didnt have Eamon Keane they'd be lost, I don't listen to anyone else, but sometimes when I listening to the repeat at night (in bed/studying/jacking off) that Tom Dunne character comes on after and talks pure balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I dislike Colm and Jim Jim on the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Zoo Crew on Spin 1038

+1 but the Strawberry Alarm clock on FM104 is alot worse, They try to be funny but they are absolutely s**t at it and it doesn't help that they probably have the worst presenter in Ireland that doesn't stop laughing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dave Fanning. A creepy crawley individual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Newstalks sports programmes on Sat and Sunday afternoon - nothing but Jerry O'Sullivan for hours on end :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

All Request Lunch on 2fm (Nikki Hayes) - I won't go on about my reasons again for fear of any more PMs from her friends :o but good GOD it's bad!

Strawberry Alarm Clock on FM104 - In all honesty I haven't listened to it properly in about a year so not sure if it's still the same but I think it's embarrassing that they kept practically the exact same format of the show after Colm & Jim Jim left, including the jingles. I flicked over this morning and they were doing Kids in the Car exactly how C & JJ used to do it, same song & all. I think they should have changed the name altogether and started afresh instead of trying to do badly what had been a good show.

That's about all I can think of, I don't know enough about other shows to criticize, if I don't like I just turn over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I'd have to go for Strawberry alarm clock or the Adrian Kennedy phone show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

Have to say colm and dim dim are pretty brutal!!

Whts wrong with this country.. can we not get decent brekki djs?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

When this station set up in the North East/Shannonside area, I tried it. In my opinion, what a turn off!! From early morning to late at night, it was dire. I gave up listening a long time ago, but have made enquiries about how it is now, I guess it's even worse. It's awful. Death notices, calves lost, repeat programmes, who heard the first cuckoo - it's all there. Give us a break. Where does entertainment come into all this??? And they tell us they have consistently high listenership, count me out.

Anto McC wrote: »
    the Adrian Kennedy phone show.

Adrian Kennedy's phone show is one of the best radio shows there is.

Another for worst; Inbox on 98fm not that I have anything about the show itself but it has an absolutely horrible start time of 7pm and that is a time where I just want to listen to music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

balliali wrote: »
    When this station set up in the North East/Shannonside area, I tried it. In my opinion, what a turn off!! From early morning to late at night, it was dire. I gave up listening a long time ago, but have made enquiries about how it is now, I guess it's even worse. It's awful. Death notices, calves lost, repeat programmes, who heard the first cuckoo - it's all there. Give us a break. Where does entertainment come into all this??? And they tell us they have consistently high listenership, count me out.

My goodness. Death notices.
    And the misfortunate juvenile bovine. Well. Well.
    And opportunist African birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

unknown13 wrote: »

If your idea of a good radio show is giving a load of uneducated and quiet frankly, mentally challanged knackers a chance to listen to themselves on the radio and getting a egotisical, over opinionated **** to mediate then you're right it is good radio.

I mean it's not hard for AK to have an ego considering some of the downright idiots he has to deal with it every day. He must go home thinking he's Einstein.

I do realise i've made a generalization above but i'm sticking by it. I found it very hard to put into words the pure contempt i have for AK, his show and the people who ring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

Where I live in Sligo - we have Ocean FM. They do some things very well like local news and sport, but the highlighted worst programme for me has to be the Breakfast Show and its presenter. Full of baddly timed songs, over pronounced words, features that bore and everything even the bloody studio chair os sponsored.

For budding radio presenters, they should listen to this programme and use it as an example of how NOT to put together a breakfast show, also they should listen to the presenter for a perfect example on how to sound stale, bored and put on very poor radio vioce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Beeker wrote: »
    I hate the Ray Foley show on Today FM!

Oh I hate it too. Glad it is not just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I like Ray Foley. One or two small things get on my t1ts but by and large I find it funny and light hearted, turn the brain off stuff. After him I switch to Moncrief who is really good and then either Hook or Cooper. Both much the same style of show.

I freakin hate Tony "smashey and nicey" Fenton
    Colin and gimp gimp are muck
    As is Gerry Ryan
    In fact the entire 2fm line up is drivel.
    Phil Cawley is a terrible.
    John Kenny on Galwaybayfm is awful
    Ray Darcy is a smug self righteous preacher
    Ian Dempsey loves the sound of his own voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cowengate

for sheer and utter dirge it has to be "maxi"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

You have got to be taking the piss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 bobgob

Ray Darcy is a smug self righteous preacher
    agree 100%, used to listen to him all the time, started to think like him and nearly had a nervous breakdown,

I hate those traffic chicks and their bleedin rouuuundabouuuts, drives me mental, but after the Darcy thing im on edge all the time, could lose it at any stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ok, final call on this - no more personal insults against presenters. rant about their show if you want, but stop insulting them. I've deleted a fair few posts already, if it continues being this much hassle it'll be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

cowengate wrote: »
    for sheer and utter dirge it has to be "maxi"

i love maxi , i love waking up with her early in the morning , great electic tast in music and seems like a really nice lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dalouise

I find the RTE stations a bit old fashioned (dare I say boring?) I listen to Today FM and LOVE the Ray D'Arcy show, sadly I find Ray Fenton rather dull by comparison. His playlist isn't bad, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Dalouise wrote: »
    sadly I find Ray Fenton rather dull by comparison. His playlist isn't bad, though...

Who's Ray Fenton ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Junki3

Let's face it they are all pretty dire... iPod ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dalouise

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who's Ray Fenton ? :confused:

Apologies. Was tossing up between Ray Foley and Tony Fenton as the most dull, IMO.

• Advertisement

Mooney's new show on RTE is horrible, who wants to here someone talk about plants during the week at 5 o clock that has nothing to do with the agriculture industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Mooney's new show on RTE is horrible, who wants to here someone talk about plants during the week at 5 o clock that has nothing to do with the agriculture industry.

??????????

What new show?

Was Drivetime cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

More Music wrote: »
    ??????????

What new show?

Was Drivetime cancelled?

Think that the poster means the regular show from 3pm to 430pm, one day last week was more or less devoted to plants, Mooney's show has gone way downhill in the last few weeks in my opinion.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

bbc 5 or talk radio late night/early morn is the wizard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

fm 104 phone show absolutely depressing stuff

the people who listen to that show for the most part i despise with every bone in my body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

FM104's "Open Mic" with "random boring presenter 2.0"

The guy just agrees with absolutely every caller, and his cringe-worthy lick-a#sing to people who make no sense most of the time, is RIDICULOUS.

I remember a while ago, i heard him having an "either/or" quiz, which he was making up as he went along!, expectedly, it went down well. This is the ACTUAL conversation that ensued

============

Presenter: Emmmmm.. Mc Donalds or Burger King
    Caller("Deco" callin from 1 of the lads cars): Burger King

Presenter: Okay.. emmmm... Plates or Bowls
    Deco: Bowls

Presenter : Really, i'd be more of a plates man myself Deco
    Deco : Nah i like Bowls, they're more curvy and all yeno bud

Presenter :Yeah, maybe i'll be converted to a Bowl man myself

============
    FFS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Ray foely show rocks "the big show"your all so sad giving out would ye ever just be happy and have a bit of crack and enjoy ray ..oh and ray love the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

3fullback wrote: »
    your all so sad giving out would ye ever just be happy and have a bit of crack and enjoy ray

No. I'd actually rather chew cotton wool and tinfoil for an hour than try and "enjoy ray", but thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

U LIVE A SAD LIFE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

3fullback wrote: »
    U LIVE A SAD LIFE

I have two dogs at home, I'd never be able to afford to feed a troll as well, not after the budget yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement