Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst radio show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

3fullback wrote: »
    U LIVE A SAD LIFE

attack the post, not the poster. I've already said that this thread is a venting thread for radio shows you DON'T like, if you want to start a thread about the shows you DO like, feel free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cowengate

clive bull on lbc late night is good, best was iain lee on lbc sunday night when he let any fruitcake ring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

balliali wrote: »
    When this station set up in the North East/Shannonside area, I tried it. In my opinion, what a turn off!! From early morning to late at night, it was dire. I gave up listening a long time ago, but have made enquiries about how it is now, I guess it's even worse. It's awful. Death notices, calves lost, repeat programmes, who heard the first cuckoo - it's all there. Give us a break. Where does entertainment come into all this??? And they tell us they have consistently high listenership, count me out.

I like Northern Sound :o

I'd agree with Adrian Kennedy though - ahhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

.......I'd agree with Adrian Kennedy though - ahhh!

Why are you posting here if you agree with Adrian Kennedy? This is a worst radio show thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

More Music wrote: »
    Why are you posting here if you agree with Adrian Kennedy? This is a worst radio show thread.

I meant I agree with everyone who says it's the worst radio show :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Gollum and Dum Dum, make Smashie and Nicey look high brow
    Ray F'Arcy, a dim self opinionated dullard
    Gerry Ryan, If I happen to hit the 2fm preset accidentally my radio starts to inflate as Gerry's ego expands exponentially
    Matt Cooper, another self important judgemental preaching bore
    Adrian Kennedy, the human form of dog fighting, set one knacker off against another, it really is lowest common denominator tripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I propose the Claire Bynre and Ivan Yates NewsTalk Breakfast Show..... I know it hasn't started yet, but it is going to bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Kieo wrote: »
    any show on today fm is crap:mad:
    Surely you wouldn't include Matt Cooper in that? The best interviewer on radio (or television)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

Matt Cooper is very good at what he does. What he does is just not what I want on my way home at 5pm though.

I hate pretty much all radio at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 realitylied

Tony Fenton! everytime I had to listen to him he has played that rubbish 80's song Town of Malice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

tony fenton " what are youuuuu dooooing to night ??? " hate dat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

it's a toss up between the tom dunne show on newstalk, could be used as a torture tool, after 5 minutes i can't stand the inane chatter and laughing at every sentence and Today with Pat Kenny, it's a hit throughout the nursing homes of ireland.

just done a rough count and the title of worst radio show has 4 contenders RAY FOLEY TOM DUNNE COLM AND JIM JIM NIKKI HAYES

And the winner is?

larry gogan

• Advertisement

:eek:Are you sure? I demand a recount!

recount in progress.........

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Ray Foley is f**king hilarious, as is JP! Edel is a good mammy for the show and Ann gleeson is a good temp! They have brilliant spoof songs, funny blogs and an excellent audience...Its just a bit of fun for your lunchtime, nothing to serious!

And Chris moyles = English = which infairness is completely annoying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

2FM - the whole station is utter ****e. The music is aimed at pre pubescent teenagers and the presenters are f**king pointless (no need for them to be there at all).

Why does this station even exist ffs. ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

daithi09 wrote: »
    Ray Foley is f**king hilarious,....blah blah blah blah blah ....They have brilliant spoof songs, funny blogs and an excellent audience...Its just a bit of fun for your lunchtime, nothing to serious!

Wow. Awards for irony & missing the point (the original sucks, but the exact replica is “f**king hilarious”) self-congratulation ('an excellent audience = " the best thing about the show is that people like me listen to it ") capped off with a healthy dose of bigotry & xenophobia (Nationality is apparently now the criteria for measuring broadcast talent & ability - I dislike Chris Moyles for many reasons. His being English wouldn’t make the top 500) .

Hell of a post.

Additionally, am I alone in wanting the prevention of the provocative use of the annoying "Just a bit of fun..." mantra added to the existing Foley portion of the Boards charter?

Leaving aside the fact that it’s reminiscent of a simpleton's cliché generally used by people of below average intelligence in pubs who have just said something terribly unfunny to you; When it appears here it is frequently no more than viral spam, bleated unthinkingly by rabid devotees, and personally I think there's a bit of a Jonestown vibe off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Stellar

irish_bob wrote: »
    rick o shea show , the guy is the biggest banker on the airwaves , just aswell the great tony fenton is on at the same time on today fm
    I AGREE

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Stellar

Anto McC wrote: »
    If your idea of a good radio show is giving a load of uneducated and quiet frankly, mentally challanged knackers a chance to listen to themselves on the radio and getting a egotisical, over opinionated **** to mediate then you're right it is good radio.

I mean it's not hard for AK to have an ego considering some of the downright idiots he has to deal with it every day. He must go home thinking he's Einstein.

I do realise i've made a generalization above but i'm sticking by it. I found it very hard to put into words the pure contempt i have for AK, his show and the people who ring in.

Haha so right. Its a mouthpiece for those dregs of society that have nothing competent whatsover to say... Half of them are of there faces when they ring in anyway.. Its radio for taxi drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show (apart from GiftGrub). All the accents I.D does irritates the hell out of me. He's not funny and for some reason, which I can't put my finger on, it's very uncomfortable listening.

Don't like Tony Fenton's show purely because I hate his taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

daithi09 wrote: »
    Ray Foley is f**king hilarious, as is JP! Edel is a good mammy for the show and Ann gleeson is a good temp! They have brilliant spoof songs, funny blogs and an excellent audience...Its just a bit of fun for your lunchtime, nothing to serious!

I think he was far better when him and J.P used to present that night show 'The Blast' by themselves. The show has become too diluted and doesn't suit daytime. The 'funnyness' has been weakened since Edel came along. He comes across as vain now - Ray only seems to read out texts of how great a DJ he is now, wheras he used to make a show out of trying to resolve personal problems of texters (well that's my opinion !!) The night-time slot had a feel of two boys making entertaining mischief, now it's just plain dull.

Oh, and his background music is [EMAIL="w@nk"]w@nk[/EMAIL]. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show (apart from GiftGrub). All the accents I.D does irritates the hell out of me. He's not funny and for some reason, which I can't put my finger on, it's very uncomfortable listening.

I think of Ian Dempsey as being the aural equivalent of mashed potato...pretty bland on its own and is only made good by having some good things with it and in fairness all that breakfast show has going for it is Gift Grub which is very hit-&-miss of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭longfordjames

i refuse to listen to fergal darcy

blooming abacus has crashed, but early indicators point to colm+jim jim on 79% with nikki hayes set to recieve the much acclaimed "maryannwoeful" award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Don't like Tony Fenton's show purely because I hate his taste in music.

tony fenton plays great songs ON MY RADIO

where else do you get to hear , the hurricane , 110 street or marvin gaye records on an almost weekly basis

i love tony , he always reminds me of DUFFMAN from the simpsons , completly one dimensional and shallow , hes a phoney but hes a real phoney

cowengate wrote: »
    blooming abacus has crashed, but early indicators point to colm+jim jim on 79% with nikki hayes set to recieve the much acclaimed "maryannwoeful" award

While Colm and JimJim are indeed more credile winners than Larry Gogan, since they have turn up in only 4 of the 79 posts I suspect you follow the Robert Mugabe school of statistical analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

irish_bob wrote: »
    tony fenton plays great songs ON MY RADIO

where else do you get to hear , the hurricane , 110 street or marvin gaye records on an almost weekly basis

i love tony , he always reminds me of DUFFMAN from the simpsons , completly one dimensional and shallow , hes a phoney but hes a real phoney

Irish Bob, this is the Worst radio show thread. :cool:

mind you, hes not known as Phoney Fenton for nothing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

oldyouth wrote: »
    Surely you wouldn't include Matt Cooper in that? The best interviewer on radio (or television)
    MaTT COOPER IS GREAT, I love to listen to him, BUT!!!! he has one flaw, when he has a guest on the ropes he lets them off. I can never understand why he does that!!!! I can live with that because he is the best on Radio in Ireland!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

MaTT COOPER IS GREAT, I love to listen to him, BUT!!!! he has one flaw, when he has a guest on the ropes he lets them off. I can never understand why he does that!!!! I can live with that because he is the best on Radio in Ireland!!!!
    Sorry you are looking for the worst show. Try 2 Fm at 7 ish every morning. used to love it when it was on FM104 BUT jim jim is ok. the other person loves himself more than life.

Its showing big time..i followed them for Fm 104 and i feel so robbed of my radio. Thanks to Ash from Richer sounds I can listen to internet Radio and dont have to listen to these Muppets. Internet radio is the way forward. I miss Sunshine 539 and Q102& NOVA. and NRG103. The recession from the 80s is back so why not these station. "our song is your song we care about you on 539. Sunshine Raido 539999999999999999" " let the sun into your eyes and keep it out of your ears a gorgeous true blue Sunshine Radio sun visor.
    Fu-see-K. I feel like crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Beeker wrote: »
    I hate the Ray Foley show on Today FM!

I concur I actually run to the radio to turn him of when he comes on at 12. I'm not sure why but he just irritates me. Thinks its because he just loves himself so much. "If he was a bar of chocolate he would eat himself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GodOfRadio

In the States, the worst show to me is LEX AND TERRY.

What kind of show is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

I like Matt Cooper, but his pronounciation can be abysmal at best of times! Its the twat on after him that gts on my tits tho...dont even know his name, thank feck:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The weekend sports show on i105107 is a bit... chaotic; but I'd give it time before necessarily voting it the worst.

If its better in about 6 months time; I'd go for Ray Foley instead. Had to do a callout to a customer who had that on in their office and I was back out to the van for my headphones to get something else on my phone. He thinks he's funny, but he's so very very not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

I have to nominate the Spin SW Lowdown, aka news bulletin. Each and every time without fail when referring to FF or the government they call them "Cowen and co". This can be heard 5/6 times in a bulletin and its gets so grating hearing it day after day. The entire cast of newsreaders seem to sound like a transition year radio project as they salivate over zac efron or whatever other teen hero is in the news today.

Their 5word weather is a complete waste of time,it could be something like"sun gone on a holiday".What use is that sort of info. Actually reminds me of Chris Moyles one word weather with Nelson Mandela from a few years ago...:D

While Spin are good for playing plenty of decent music their news bulletins are very poor and let the side down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

will leahy, someone hand him back his old saturday show please, his daily show is rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Anto McC wrote: »
    If your idea of a good radio show is giving a load of uneducated and quiet frankly, mentally challanged knackers a chance to listen to themselves on the radio and getting a egotisical, over opinionated **** to mediate then you're right it is good radio.

I mean it's not hard for AK to have an ego considering some of the downright idiots he has to deal with it every day. He must go home thinking he's Einstein.

I do realise i've made a generalization above but i'm sticking by it. I found it very hard to put into words the pure contempt i have for AK, his show and the people who ring in.
    You obviously hate the working classes.Aren't they entitled to air their views? 98% of Radio is smug middle class stuff.I know Kennedy is middle class and exploiting uneducated peasants but where eles can you hear these people? The people who empty your bins,clean your streets,do the unpleasant jobs you don't want your kids to do.C'mon,you middle class folk can laugh at them and thank god you're not like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

While most local radio stations are ****, this is the worst show on the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Elmo wrote: »
    While most local radio stations are ****, this is the worst show on the air.

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Tom Dunne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Matt Cooper - His constant interruptions of guests who are trying to talk irritates the **** out of me, not to mention possibly the most ****ing irritating jingle for a show on radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ray Foley Show on Today FM. I've now compromised with the girls in my office that they can listen to D'Arcy in the morning, if I can turn off Foley. I find the show both repetitive and infantile. The personalities on the show just irritate me to the extreme. Its just not my type of show at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Ray Foley Show on Today FM

Ah Ray Foyles isent the worst out there...:D

Tim Lovejoys performance on Radio 5 Live's 606 programme on wednesday night was awful, barely mentioning the Drogba incidents and instead stoked up the anti- ref mob. After listening to Giles and Dunphys take on the Chelsea game, Lovejoy just came across very ordinary. Another radio guy that seems to have got in on the 'celebrity' ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Q102 on the QT is so borning and s**t,your man thinks he is Adrian Kennedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mle1324 wrote: »
    Q102 on the QT is so borning and s**t,your man thinks he is Adrian Kennedy

Spins version of on the QT at lunch time. Badly research and often scare mongering with two presenters who haven't got a clue what they are talking about. They don't even listen to their callers or guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JoeFitz89

anything on tipp fm so bad.also spin south west because to much repetition

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

100% of 98FM...just plain, out and out S**T!

• Advertisement
Advertisement