Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst radio show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pdaly92

I dislike The Ray Foley Show the most:
    -His show is a poor rip-off of Chris Moyles (BBC Radio 1 6-9am weekdays)
    -He fails at being funny through brutal skits
    -He brings on some terrible guests (Who likes The Feeling)
    -His listeners are gullible and will go as far as to vote him National DJ of the year
    -The production team is a glorified failed Ray D'Arcy team

That is as much as I can say without going personal

TOTALLY agree mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

gerry ryan- I've detuned 2fm from my car radio in case I accidently switch over, he annoys me that much:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I just hate the radio. lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

irish_bob wrote: »
    rick o shea show , the guy is the biggest banker on the airwaves , just aswell the great tony fenton is on at the same time on today fm

:D:D:D:D:D
    For me it has to be the colm and jim jim show that i would least listen
    to.....
    followed closely by the great tony fenton show:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 damos

Ya I agree his guests are bad and his taste of music is not great either but him and his team are very funny, and if ray foley is a copy of chris moyles then colm and jim jim are a **** version of the ray foley show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Newstalk - the Wide Angle with Karen Coleman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Newstalk - Tom Dunne :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Camelot wrote: »
    Newstalk - Tom Dunne :(

tom dunne even managed to make an add for a charity which helps kids in africa sound poncey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

TarfHead wrote: »
    Newstalk - the Wide Angle with Karen Coleman

+100000000, I don't care how much of a ''hardhitting'' journalist her rep gives her. Her voice is grating, poor questions and overall what I would describe as a ''frustrating listen''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

themont85 wrote: »
    +100000000, I don't care how much of a ''hardhitting'' journalist her rep gives her. Her voice is grating, poor questions and overall what I would describe as a ''frustrating listen''.

I haven't heard the show in a while but I was surprised she used to read out some of the texts, some right morons listen to that show.

• Advertisement

Rich o shea, ruth scott and i really hate colm and jimjim in fact I hate 2fm as a whole apart from jenny heuston shes pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Anything in RTE... anything on national radio and in particular any radio station in the south east.. thank you internet radio for BBC Radio 1 and Radio 2.... f*ck you commercial radio with bullsh*t adverts every 2 minutes for 2 minutes!!

I love BBC radio as well,its amazing the amount of criticism the Beeb gets in Britain,They should consider themselves lucky that they dont have to put up with Irish radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I love BBC radio as well,its amazing the amount of criticism the Beeb gets in Britain,They should consider themselves lucky that they dont have to put up with Irish radio!

beeb radio 5 live is fairly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

All of RTE Radio One, a radio station of old fogeys for old fogeys. Fine you may say, let the old Fogies have their way, I SAY NO, for shure don't ye know 10% of the license fee will go?

I say make it pay like 2fm, ads, ads, ads!

Also, Tubridy was laid to rest as a good presenter on R1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

All of RTE Radio One, a radio station of old fogeys for old fogeys. Fine you may say, let the old Fogies have their way, I SAY NO, for shure don't ye know 10% of the license fee will go?

R1 is a mixed channel. I like their news output Morning Ireland, News at One etc.

Not a huge fan of their other stuff. It should be more mixed with more docs and drama during the day.

Newstalk is just as old fogey, George Hook! and that FG presenter of the Morning show. 2FM should be more like Today FM rather than FM104.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Elmo wrote: »
    It should be more mixed with more docs and drama during the day.

I agree, one hour of drama and one hour for documentaries per week is a pretty poor effort really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Tony Fenton - I actually have to turn off the radio when he's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nia87

Colm & Jim Jim - used to listen to 2fm in the morning but not since these guys joined
    Nikki Hayes - too much about her personal life that I don't want to hear
    Mary McGill on i102104 - don't get me started on that show.....
    Tony Fenton - his voice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Today FM - Ray Foley Show

Every time I hear that bloody air-horn, I go apoplectic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

I cant stand the show.... its a poor rip off of mark & lard radio afternoon show on bbc radio one many moons ago...

Loveless wrote: »
    Tony Fenton - I actually have to turn off the radio when he's on.

i feel that way about rick o shea, ironically they are both on at the same time

i feel that way about rick o shea, ironically they are both on at the same time

I seen rick o shea at the bill bailey gig the other night. I had to stop myself from hurling something at him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Today FM - Ray Foley Show

Every time I hear that bloody air-horn, I go apoplectic

I quite like the Foley show but it so shamefully lifts material from Chris Moyles its puts a question mark over how much of their material is original.

Just happened to catch the little feature before 2.30 today,"stuff they dident have time for" or words to that effect, however the background tune had me singing Dave's tedious link....

The air-horn is quite funny though:D

Rick O'Shea with the microphone seemingfully millimetres from his lips (has anybody in RTE ever mentioned it) and horrific choices from the playlist wreck my head.

Irelands biggest jukebox on 2FM Sunday Mornings is painful listening. I like my 80's tracks but the stuff Clarke plays is ancient which makes the whole youth station mantra look pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Canacourse

Tom Dunne of newstalk without a doubt. Never realised a man could talk so much ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Colm and Jim JIm are absolutely woeful IMO. P*ss poor impressions including an apalling christy moore and a Ryan Tubridy impression that involves one of them repeatedly drumming his fingers on the table AAAAGH!!! Also the two f**kwits insist on singing ALL their own jingles utterly tunelessly. I wonder has anyone EVER laughed at one of their skits...I can imagine the people in the studio smiling weakly and giving a thumbs up while they launch into another crappy jerry fishbinder 'skit' (or whatever the hell hes called!)

Apologies for the rant:D

Canacourse wrote: »
    Tom Dunne of newstalk without a doubt. Never realised a man could talk so much ****.

tom dunne isnt a man

tom dunne isnt a man

He's a popstar

Elmo wrote: »
    He's a popstar

the term metrosexual was invented for tom dunne

the term metrosexual was invented for tom dunne

I never really got the reason why people wanted to have sex with trains :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

They were people on Liveline the other day who wanted to have sex with the jeanie johnston (well almost)

Just so many to choose from. Where does one begin.

(1) Marian Finucane - Can she utter a sentence without making that stupid noise with her mouth. And she talks about rugby. Thats a big no no.

(2) Eamon Keane - Presenter of the lunchtime Rugby show on newstalk. Mick Galwey does a slot about Rugby and other Munster Rugby related items. Sometimes Leinster get a mention when they win the European Cup and stuff like that.

(3) Gerry Ryan - Nice to see that failed gynaecologists have 2fm to fall back on. Leinster Rugby fan. I hate rugby. His secret's out (he's been to orlando)

(4) The Tubridy Show - Roll on the Late Late. I just cant contain my excitement. I am really looking forward to it.

(5) Colm and Jim Jim. The oxford english defines car crash radio as the Colm and Jim Jim show. Simply horrific.

(6) Pat Kenny - Likes rugby teams that win the grand slam and other rugby related material. Had a penchant for world cups in America if i remember correctly.

(7) Adrian Kennedy - If you enjoy intelligent discussion and well informed debate. You better look elsewhere.

(8) Liveline - If you cant cope with the fact that your pet dog with a personality disorder isnt allowed on public transport or the lamb tagging system that operates in New Zealand isnt to your liking. Call the Joe. Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

(9) Derek Mooney - Mr Blue Tit himself. Go on the dead blue tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

I like the ray foley show,he's not afraid to say what he wants,unlike those in 2fm. And so what if he lifts some stuff from chris moyles and co?the majority of people listening to his show probably don't even know who moyles is.plus his podcast is always high in the charts,so it's not like i'm the only one who likes him.
    Will Leahy and Rick O'Shea on the other hand,the guys couldn.t interview to save their lives.

barakus wrote: »
    Colm and Jim JIm are absolutely woeful IMO. P*ss poor impressions including an apalling christy moore and a Ryan Tubridy impression that involves one of them repeatedly drumming his fingers on the table AAAAGH!!! Also the two f**kwits insist on singing ALL their own jingles utterly tunelessly. I wonder has anyone EVER laughed at one of their skits...I can imagine the people in the studio smiling weakly and giving a thumbs up while they launch into another crappy jerry fishbinder 'skit' (or whatever the hell hes called!)

Apologies for the rant:D

No need to apologise. You're right. They are a pair of f*ckwits. You have a perfectly legitimate grievance and are entitled to express this if you so wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ray D'arcy - Come in number 51, your time is up. I am only 28 and I have been forced to listen to Pat the Plank instead of him.

Tony 'duff man' Fenton. You are like the drunk 60 year old gigolo who has long passed his sell by date but still thinks he has got what it takes. "Like OHHHHH MY GOD!, YOU cannot be serious!!!, you are from Galway?, I LOVE that place!!!"

Agghhhh *head pops off* :mad:

Slidey wrote: »
    Ray D'arcy - Come in number 51, your time is up. I am only 28 and I have been forced to listen to Pat the Plank instead of him.

Tony 'duff man' Fenton. You are like the drunk 60 year old gigolo who has long passed his sell by date but still thinks he has got what it takes. "Like OHHHHH MY GOD!, YOU cannot be serious!!!, you are from Galway?, I LOVE that place!!!"

Agghhhh *head pops off* :mad:

i love tony fenton , hes a phoney but hes a real phoney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

Beeker wrote: »
    I hate the Ray Foley show on Today FM!

totally agree.what a muppet he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Ray Foley gets my vote too.

Eamon Keane on Newstalk is another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Ray Foley - a lot of crap for your lunchtime. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

fergal darcy in i102 - such a spa(how does his boss listen to him and think hes good??)
    ocean fm as a staion is just the worst pile of sh1te known to man. dont ever turn it on if ye come to sligo. embarressing.
    anything by phil cawley
    anything by ruth scott (daithi o'shea - pee off would ya)
    sick of colm and jim jim by this stage.

i better stop here or ill be gone all day....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I can't listen to anything on irish radio besides Newstalk and some stuff on Radio 1.

The music stations are all horribly poor with their morning zoo hackery and 'wacky' personalities.

Colm and Jim Jim deserve to die in a grease fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fireblader

Ray Foley is so up his own arse declaring "The King is back" and "Unlike any other DJ" - Noel Edmonds was doing this type of show over 30 years ago on BBC Radio 1, but it was actually funny. Go figure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Noel Edmonds "funny"!! Purleeeze......aaaagh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

The music stations are all horribly poor with their morning zoo hackery and 'wacky' personalities.

Colm and Jim Jim deserve to die in a grease fire.

+1

Lets face it. 25 years ago we had some GREAT radio in this country, morning Zoo crew type radio included. Back then there was chemistry between the presenters, now its just "we're wacky, so laugh at us", ****e.

Colm actually used to be quite a good DJ once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Those of you who think Irish radio is a clichéd, unoriginal pile of poo, desperately attempting to be vaguely 'zany' and 'wacky' ... have a point in some ways...

... and should possibly 'shop around' in other ways.

There's more to life (and Irish radio) than just the nationals (RTE/Today/Newstalk) Have you tried Phantom 105.2 in Dublin? I personally think they've got a brilliant formula and schedule - nicely formatted shows which are well presented by people who aren't up their own holes and know what they're talking about. Also, for the older folks among you (or those of you that just enjoy a more mature station with more mature music and talk) there's 4FM in the major cities (and all of Co. Clare) - with some excellent presenters - seasoned pro's in their field, and a brilliant playlist.

Anyway, this thread is about your least favourite radio show - and I see a lot of mentions for Rick O'Shea. I've met the chap a few times, and while he's a really nice fellah personally, and while he's quite the seasoned pro himself and I think he's very good at what he does, I can understand how some people aren't a fan of his 2FM show as he's quite restricted by the station management there as regards what he can do - being held back from talking too much and his musical content being fairly strictly playlisted for him. To see what Rick's really like, his "Hour of Deadly" show on 2XM was the one to listen to (although looking at the 2XM site, it doesn't seem to be on any more...).

Most of the shows mentioned in this thread, in fact, are some of the most successful shows on Irish radio today - so they're obviously doing something right. I don't know if it's fair for me to pick a "least favourite" or "worst" radio show as I've a vested interest in the industry myself and would rather not piss any of my friends or potential colleagues off.

I can say, however, that I think that when Colm Hayes and Jim Nugent moved from FM104 to 2FM, they lost a lot of what made their show funny and relevant - they were much better as a local breakfast show. When I'm actually awake at that time of the morning these days, I'd sooner tune in to Richie and Charlotte on Phantom or Bernard and Keith on i105-107 instead of Colm and Jim. My favourite 'era' of FM104 was actually when Colm, Joan and Justin presented the Strawberry Alarm Clock.... but anyway, if I had to pick any show I actually make a point of not tuning into, it'd be their breakfast show on 2FM, sadly. It just doesn't work for me.

Well, apart of course, from the Gerry Ryan show, obviously. Apart from the (impressive, but not as impressive as they used to be) ratings he's getting, I still can't understand how a show like his runs for 3 hours every day (during "PRIME TIME" hours) on the national music station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Guys its worst radio show not worst radio presenter....

Q102 - On the QT.. bloody awful stuff.

And theres a moxy load of rubbish shows on RTE Na G. I can't understand a word there saying. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Some of the DJs on Today FM during the day are pretty bad, the worst of the worst tho has to be U105, if you cant pick it up around Leinster-your lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Ray Foley Show is absolute bollocks. Worst thing that can be heard on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

My worst 5 in order are:

1) Gollum and DimDim on par with Ruth Scott and Rick O Shea
    2) Ray Foley
    3) Joe Duffy
    4) Gerry Ryan
    5) Neil Prendaville on Corks 96fm

All make me want to scrape my ears with a cheese slicer

• Advertisement

bbability wrote: »
    Guys its worst radio show not worst radio presenter....

Q102 - On the QT.. bloody awful stuff.

And theres a moxy load of rubbish shows on RTE Na G. I can't understand a word there saying. :D

You must like radio in any other language than the one you speak :D I have heard a few good music shows on Anocht FM but I haven't tuned in since it began broadcasting a few years ago.

But I agree the daytime chat on Q102 and Spin FM are both really bad and badly in need of researchers.

Advertisement