Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drupal / web prog / database course

Options
  • 30-03-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm thinking of doing a one year Drupal / web programming / database course.. I know my way around HTML and basic static websites, but I want to learn the skills to add in databases, develop more advanced websites, etc.

Can anyone suggest:

1. Skills I'd need to learn ( drupal / joomla / mysql / java / php?)
    2. Any 1 year type courses you know who teach this type of thing, maybe in limerick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

Personally, I think Drupal and Joomla are fairly easy to use, without any real training. You could probably install a test site and play around with it for a few weeks and get a pretty strong understanding of it.

I would instead focus on learning php and mysql. I assume since you are interested in web programming that you are referring to javascript, which is much different than Java. I think towards your goal of understanding Drupal/Joomla, php will be more valuable.

Then once you have an understanding of php, you can move on to javascript.

IMHO, that is how I would approach this and once you have an understanding of php, Drupal/Joomla will be that much easier to use, because you will have a better understanding of how the back end of it works.

Advertisement