Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis to Doonbeg?

• 30-03-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

im heading to your lands in 2 weeks... if you'll allow! hah just wondering is there a local bus service from ennis to doonbeg as we dont drive we are getting the train to ennis.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would imagine that your best bet would be to get a bus to Kilrush and getting a taxi from there, there might even be a bus that goes through Doonbeg on it's way to somewhere, they'll be able to tell you in the Station when you get there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Here you go

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1238149414-333.pdf

That is 1 hell of a bus trip though :)

I rang a mate from back that direction, he doesn't know of any local opperators, although O'Shea's in Kilkee might do something, but he thinks that getting to Kilrush and out from there would be the best bet

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1231169401-336.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

cheers thats great! have to start driving damn!!

If I was you I'd give the Golf Club a ring back there, they'd be able to give you a lot more advice, but I would recommend driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I think the 15.00 Ennis - Doonbeg is the rail replacement service which has been running ever since the W.Clare Railway closed in 1962!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Clareman wrote: »
    Here you go

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1238149414-333.pdf

That is 1 hell of a bus trip though :)

looks like only just over an hour?

I might be reading it wrong, but I take it that it leaves Ennis at 3 and gets to Doonbeg at 5, the bus to Kilrush takes 55 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Clareman wrote: »
    If I was you I'd give the Golf Club a ring back there, they'd be able to give you a lot more advice, but I would recommend driving

The bus from Ennis to Kilrush will take about 55 minutes alright. It would be a bit cheaper for ye all to get the bus to Kilrush and then a taxi to Doonbeg instead of the bus all the way to Kilkee and then a taxi to Doonbeg. Ringing the golf club for taxi numbers is a good idea. But ye can always just go into a local chipper of pub when ye get off the bus an they will have taxi numbers.

I take it it will be easter weekend. A lot of Doonbeg people might head to Kilkee or Spanish Point for a night club later on in those nights. There should be plenty of taxi's if ye decide to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I can't see what's wrong with the Ennis-Doonbeg bus (although a bit slow)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement