Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSMS

• 30-03-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm trying to send a SMS via the command line using JSMS. Can someone give me an example of what to type into the command line? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Your best bet is to check out the jsms thread and / or post in it as the guy doing it is no doubt subscribed to thread updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 arko19

OK ill try that. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

From the command line ...
    C:\JSMS>java -jar .\jsms.jar help

JSMS 4.0.4

Usage:
      java -jar JSMS.jar -> launches the JSMS GUI
      java -jar JSMS.jar help -> prints usage information
      java -jar JSMS.jar resetPrefs -> resets user preferences
      java -jar JSMS.jar clearPrefs -> clears *all* preferences (WARNING: this will
    delete your phone books!)
      java -jar JSMS.jar <Meteor|Vodafone|O2|VoIPcheap> <login> <password>
            <destinationNo> <message> [<proxyHost> <proxyPort>]
        -> sends a message from the command line.

So something like
    java -jar jsms.jar Meteor 0852345555 1234 0872223333 "Your message goes here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 arko19

Thanks for the help ozymandius. Thats exactly the command I was entering myself but im getting a 'fatal error' and I thought it might be something I was doing wrong. I noticed you are using version 4.0.4. I downloaded the latest version, 4.1.2. I wonder is there a bug in that version!

Advertisement