Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted house in Waterford

• 30-03-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,

Did anyone hear of a house being haunted on the Dunmore road. Its located between becketts and the Maxol garage at passage cross.The house is called the Pines and used to be a B&B.

Would love to know more if anybody has heard anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Nopers, but I'll go check it out if you point it out on a map. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I didnt hear anything......

maybe it is time to call in a top psychic medium/celebrity
    derek-acorah.jpg
    is there good phone coverage out past becketts?
    cause Acorah needs to be able to talk to "Sam".
    Both of them are on Meteor so he needs good coverage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

LongAA wrote: »
    Hi all,

Did anyone hear of a house being haunted on the Dunmore road. Its located between becketts and the Maxol garage at passage cross.The house is called the Pines and used to be a B&B.

Would love to know more if anybody has heard anything.

I didn't hear anything,but I did feel something and see something,oh yes,through the mist.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I'm guessing you mean the yellow one just before the Maxol on the right as you travel towards Dunmore??????? Nothing so dramatic as being haunted, just that it was built on wetland and is sinking so it often changes owner and is abandoned for long periods.

So I went to google maps to point it out (just below the "B" on the map) but LOOK AT THE HOUSE JUST BELOW IT!!! What's the weird thing in the back garden???????????????

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Waterford,+Co.+Waterford,+Ireland&daddr=R683&hl=en&geocode=FRNgHQMdjDeT_w%3BFaMEHQMdl26U_w&mra=ls&sll=52.24505,-7.0901&sspn=0.048769,0.109863&ie=UTF8&ll=52.232767,-7.048894&spn=0.001524,0.003433&t=h&z=18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

yep - looks like those aliens have landed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

The house with the weirdness is one of two up the lane on top of the hill.

I'm presuming it's some kind of photography error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

wellbutty wrote: »
    I'm guessing you mean the yellow one just before the Maxol on the right as you travel towards Dunmore??????? Nothing so dramatic as being haunted, just that it was built on wetland and is sinking so it often changes owner and is abandoned for long periods.

So I went to google maps to point it out (just below the "B" on the map) but LOOK AT THE HOUSE JUST BELOW IT!!! What's the weird thing in the back garden???????????????

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Waterford,+Co.+Waterford,+Ireland&daddr=R683&hl=en&geocode=FRNgHQMdjDeT_w%3BFaMEHQMdl26U_w&mra=ls&sll=52.24505,-7.0901&sspn=0.048769,0.109863&ie=UTF8&ll=52.232767,-7.048894&spn=0.001524,0.003433&t=h&z=18

I just saw my inlaws old house just up the road from there. There are 2 houses at the top of the hill, I've been in one of them numerous times.

My hubby just said that a girl died in the house that's reputed to be haunted. He used to walk down that lane as a short cut from Ballygunner when he was a young lad and those houses weren't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's not haunted, like every other claim of haunted houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

its clearly Irelands area 51

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I remember a house being "haunted" just passed orpens pub actually. Well it was rumoured to be when I was a sprog. But not the same house so dunno what the other one is that you're on about.

Most of these rumours are started by kids to be honest.

I remember a house being "haunted" just passed orpens pub actually. Well it was rumoured to be when I was a sprog. But not the same house so dunno what the other one is that you're on about.

Most of these rumours are started by kids to be honest.
    Started by kids so it should be solved by kids :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPkh0lxFOhE

Wonder can any of us pass for "kids" these days lmao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 edgar linton

deisemum wrote: »
    I just saw my inlaws old house just up the road from there. There are 2 houses at the top of the hill, I've been in one of them numerous times.

My hubby just said that a girl died in the house that's reputed to be haunted. He used to walk down that lane as a short cut from Ballygunner when he was a young lad and those houses weren't there.

i rented this house !!!

never again will i set foot in that house !!
    thats all i'm gonna say !
    sorry !

i rented this house !!!

sorry !
    Ah dude, you have to elaborate a bit more, you have us curious now.

Unfortunately people die in houses regularly, doesn't mean the house will be haunted. I don't know the house in question but maybe it is a badly designed house and it just gloomy inside cause of lack of light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

i rented this house !!!

sorry !

How informative........

Love the use of a Wuthering Heights character as your username...really adds something to the post lol:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i rented this house !!!

sorry !

weak troll is weak

Jayeire wrote: »
    How informative........

Love the use of a Wuthering Heights character as your username...really adds something to the post lol:P

haha nicely spotted actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

i like haunted stuff :)
    so is this place still empty? would it be woth the cycle out there or would i be ran off by some mad ould wan?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Anyone know anything about that house on the way into Clonmel? Big house on the right just before Bulmers - all boarded up for years but it appears to be a relatively modern house and it is very large? Someone told me that is haunted? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Wilde_37 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about that house on the way into Clonmel? Big house on the right just before Bulmers - all boarded up for years but it appears to be a relatively modern house and it is very large? Someone told me that is haunted? :eek:

yeah ive always wondered myself when driving into clonmel /past it.wonder what happened there ,any one know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Anyone know anything about that house on the way into Clonmel? Big house on the right just before Bulmers - all boarded up for years but it appears to be a relatively modern house and it is very large? Someone told me that is haunted?

Asked by me last year :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055270071

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

A few of us should round up and spend the night in there,

savage craic to be had,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Wilde_37 wrote: »

Got flooded by the river one year apparently? and something then wrong with the foundations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 edgar linton

Ah dude, you have to elaborate a bit more, you have us curious now.

well moved in there for 4 months and i never knew it was supposed to be haunted but here are a few incidents
    the house was always cold
    the dog would go nuts nearly every night for no reason (normally a placid dog)
    my wife swears she could hear a little girl cry some nights
    i did see something one night but can't swear to it what it actually was but i thought it was a girl in a nightie

sorry now but i'm getting the heebee jeebees even thinking about it !!:eek:

nice house if you are into that stuff !
    not for me thanks

Advertisement