Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRED

Options
  • 30-03-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey all,

Have just discovered this band ...and all I can say is wow! I have unearthed a gem! Just seem seen them live at the weekend and they kicked a*s.

Anyone else here familiar with them? I cannot fathom how they have 3 albums to their credit and are not huge!! :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They are pretty well know alright, you must have been hiding under a shell!

They had a lot of their gear stolen a good while back if I remember correctly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

mars bar wrote: »

Tis hiding from the recession until it blows over, thus I am in a happy place :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MMD wrote: »
    mars bar wrote: »

Tis hiding from the recession until it blows over, thus I am in a happy place :D:D:D

I like your methods!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

God I love 'Fred', and I'm not from Cork. I'm not even from Munster!

I only heard them for the first time on John Creedon's afternoon show when they played 'Capital Song' a couple of years ago. I loved the band name and the song just blew me away. Then I kinda forgot about them, as I spend more time running around after my kids than listening to music these days .... anyway, Creedo played them again months later and I then decided I needed to explore.

I eventually splashed out and bought 'Making Music So You Don't Have To', and was really surprised at just how good it was.

I only recently discovered the first album, and it is unbelievably good for a first album, especially for musical "ability" or confidence, if that makes any sense .....

Yep, I love 'em. My favourite Irish band since 'The Stars of Heaven' and that wasn't today nor yesterday!

Discuss ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Manuel wrote: »
    God I love 'Fred', and I'm not from Cork. I'm not even from Munster!

Jeez, if everyone only liked local bands......mind you, it'd be handy in relation to some of the U.S. rap artists.....

Been playing Fred's stuff for over 18 months......really good, and far better than most, with a nice balance between decent and "radio-friendly", without going too far in either direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

A really good fun band, fantastic live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Sad to hear that Fred are calling it a day.
    Some great songs and albums.

Doing some last gigs around the country.

http://www.fredtheband.com/

Thurs 5th Dec - Whelans - Dublin.
    Fri 13th Dec - De Barras - Clonakilty.
    Sun 15th Dec - Róisín Dubh - Galway.

final show ever will be in The Pavilion, Cork on Sat 28th December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Big Vern wrote: »
    Sad to hear that Fred are calling it a day.
    Some great songs and albums.

Doing some last gigs around the country.

http://www.fredtheband.com/

Thurs 5th Dec - Whelans - Dublin.
    Fri 13th Dec - De Barras - Clonakilty.
    Sun 15th Dec - Róisín Dubh - Galway.

final show ever will be in The Pavilion, Cork on Sat 28th December

Shame to hear about this. They were pretty good live and the last album was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,898 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement