Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline NOW!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Publicly I'd express my outrage but privately I'd be chuffed that our best player was heading to the biggest international tournament with us.

Not our best player. Plus he's only "our" best player if he is playing for "us".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

mormank wrote: »
    what about henrik larrson and sweden. im pretty sure he came out of retirement for a couple of finals. similar in that he did nothing to get them there but still played the finals..are we angry about this if we are sweden fans??

Larsson has played over 100 times for Sweden. I think he's done plenty for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

FatherTed wrote: »
    Not our best player. Plus he's only "our" best player if he is playing for "us".

Keane, Given, Ireland would all be of a similar level. The thing is, Ireland plays in a position of which we are horribly short of quality. I dont care how embaressing it is, I dont care what people might think of Stephen Ireland. I just want him back in the team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This topic is so ****ing dull at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

yea seriously. ANOTHER F**KING S.IRELAND THREAD.

lock it. throw away the key! hes not in the squad. debate over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭LowOdour

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This topic is so ****ing dull at this stage.

What are you doing posting in here so?

Most people want him back or the truth about why he wont come back. Its pretty straight forward. Once we get an answer on that I think alot of the debate can be put to bed

LowOdour wrote: »
    What are you doing posting in here so?

Most people want him back or the truth about why he wont come back. Its pretty straight forward. Once we get an answer on that I think alot of the debate can be put to bed

I believe it's pertinent to point out to most people posting in this thread that they are repeating the same old **** on the subject over and over and over and over. And all the words delivered on the matter - whether it be in newspaper columns, internet post boards, or radio phone in shows - are incredibly unlikely to affect a change in the present situation.

Much like you feel it important to note that 'most people want him back or the truth', I feel it important to note that there is a growing minority of people who don't give a **** - and would prefer to concentrate on the players who do show up to represent us instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I believe it's pertinent to point out to most people posting in this thread that they are repeating the same old **** on the subject over and over and over and over. And all the words delivered on the matter - whether it be in newspaper columns, internet post boards, or radio phone in shows - are incredibly unlikely to affect a change in the present situation.

Much like you feel it important to note that 'most people want him back or the truth', I feel it important to note that there is a growing minority of people who don't give a **** - and would prefer to concentrate on the players who do show up to represent us instead.

You say it's dull, people weigh in with back seat mod demands that it be locked, and then you hold forth with an opinion on the matter and tell people, on behalf of 'a growing minority', what you think they should be thinking about. Is it only your own views that you find engaging?

Surely if it's dull it will die a natural death. But at the moment it is animating a lot of discussion. As has been said, if you don't like the topic, then don't read it and don't post.

SectionF wrote: »
    You say it's dull, people weigh in with back seat mod demands that it be locked, and then you hold forth with an opinion on the matter and tell people, on behalf of 'a growing minority', what you think they should be thinking about. Is it only your own views that you find engaging?

Surely if it's dull it will die a natural death. But at the moment it is animating a lot of discussion. As has been said, if you don't like the topic, then don't read it and don't post.

This thread was slipping off the front page and discussion seemed to have been dieing a natural death without this little intervention. Again, I am entitled to put forward my opinion as I did above. And I'll do it again when I see fit. You can like that or lump it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

This thread was slipping off the front page and discussion seemed to have been dieing a natural death without this little intervention.
    Actually, it was around mid-table when I posted my 'little' post. Where was it when you felt compelled to bump it by advertising how boring and beneath your accustomed level of discourse it was? :D
    Again, I am entitled to put forward my opinion as I did above. And I'll do it again when I see fit. You can like that or lump it.
    Of course you are (and I shouldn't need to point out the irony of your saying that)!
    Everyone should be able to put forward their opinions, even at the risk of boring some others. If they don't like it, they can lump it and collectively let it wither rather than whinging about it or, as others have done, run squealing for the discussion to be locked.

Advertisement