Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Life capable PC?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 3:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

I've been using a netbook (Dell Mini 9) for the last number of months as a desktop (and laptop) replacement, i.e. my full time PC so obviously my horsepower and graphics requirements have been very modest. That's because I work in Firefox all day long and rarely need to start another application.

However that has changed with a new project I'm involved in where we need to do quite a bit of work in Second Life. It galls me to have to get a new PC for the sake of one application but it's time to bite the bullet, so my question is simply this - what is the cheapest PC I can get that will comfortably run Second Life and also offers a little future proofing. Is it all down to the graphics card? Or do I need to go for higher spec CPU and more RAM too? If any one could give me the outline of a spec that would meet my requirements I'd very much appreciated it.

Comments

Advertisement