Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is tax deductible. Working from Home

• 30-03-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Hi. After losing my sales job as a result of the recession last year, I decided to take a leap of faith and set up my own business. I qualified as a clinical hypnotherapist shortly after i lost my job and borrowed 12k to set up my Limited business from home. I've officially started trading from February and i'm trying to keep on top of my expenses. I am keeping all my receipts and statements and i'm organising them in numerical order to reflect the written statement. I now I can expense my phone and broadband and stationary expenses as well as advertising. I was wondering about the energy bills and mortgage etc. My home is a home and the living room is the practice. My company is registered to my home address. I had planned to give my accounts to an accountant but i'm wondering when I should do this. monthly, quarterly or annually? How much should this cost?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Any expenses incured whollely and exclusively for the business. Any personal element must be deducted.

You'll file annually so you need to give him your expenses anually depending on your year end if it's a company or well before Oct 31 is you're a sole trader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

8 years later, did your business succeed OP

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Please don't dig up old threads. If you're interested in the OP's business take it to PM please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement