Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 4 Freezes- Help

• 30-03-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

I bought GTA 4 on the Xbox 360 for the first time second hand in Xtravision. When I put in the game however, it didn't even load the first copyright screen. I brought it back and got a replacement disc which worked fine until it started freezing during the game. I then bought a new copy of the game which freezes aswell from time to time. Surely its a problem with the Xbox and not the disc? The thing is no other games I play freeze like GTA 4 does. Anyone having/had the same problem? Should I get one of those CD lens cleaner thingies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you've tried different disks and get the same results it looks likely it's the xbox. Although from playing the disastrous PC version it wouldn't surprise me if it was the game.

Make sure you have all the updates for the xbox, maybe make sure you have enough hard drive space as that can cause issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Try installing it to the hard drive.

Haven't had one crash myself since doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

jhegarty wrote: »
    Try installing it to the hard drive.

Haven't had one crash myself since doing it.

Thanks. I'll try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Thanks a million jhegarty. The game hasn't frozen once since I installed on the hard disk.:)

Advertisement