Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

65m2 Extension

• 30-03-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question if anyone can give me an idea, i just got my planning through for a 65m2 2 storey extension in Cork City, i'm going to get builders out for a quote within the next month, can anyone give me an idea of the cost per m2 at the moment and even recommend a builder in Cork. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

There is or should be no such thing as a price per square meter. Every project is different from the design to site characteristics. The only way to get an accurate price is to go to tender or employ a QS (Quantity Surveyor) to prepare a price for you. Other than that you would be better off looking into a crystal ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wouldnt agree with the above to a certain degree. PT's assertion that every job is different is indeed correct but to answer the OP - if its a straight forward extension Id think you would be looking at figures between €700 - €1200 per m2 depending on location and of course if its going to be built by direct labour or full contact.

Im in the opposite end of the country from you so pricing here would most likely be different to what you would find in Cork. You may get replies from others in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

About €800/m2.

About €800/m2.

You must have prepared the drawings to be that certain?? :D:D

Have priced a lot of work for people in that area and it is coming back at an average of €800/m2.

Surely you work on averages for people as well? I think it's called designing to a budget.:D

• Advertisement

Have priced a lot of work for people in that area and it is coming back at an average of €800/m2.

Surely you work on averages for people as well? I think it's called designing to a budget.:D

I endeavour to but it is an impossible exercise and will always qualify my opinion. That is why without knowing about the OPs design its impossible to give a guideline price as you did originally.

Like I said I've priced quite a few around Cork city.

Like I said I've priced quite a few around Cork city.

I didn't know that all extensions were designed and built in the same way in Cork??? Its important that the OP is aware that the price will be relative to the design and site conditions and not a general price. Muffler, gave a broad price range above which is as close as anyone can suggest given the LIMITED information!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dmac120

thanks so much for all the help guys, i appreciate it. i've a builder coming out today, so i'll update you with the price later

Advertisement